Breaches of the Drone code

Totally agree.
We are all personally responsible for our actions, in my case based on common sense and experience!

Ahh, my mistake - should have been the Road Traffic Act!
I found this posting quite difficult to respond to, so was just looking at the overall picture…
On a more serious note, we all should realise that the US proposals for remote identification (even under 250g) has been rubber stamped for the UK and will be introduced here within 2 years
as the following Commons Select Committee “Commercial and Recreational Drone use in the UK” report states:

In effect this will make most of our equipment illegal to use, except in a government approved “flying area” i.e. a remote field at the back of beyond…

Yeah but to use your highway code and speed limits analogy:

Who really is gonna give a fuck, not the flyers or the rozzers in my opinion.

2 Likes

There is that!

1 Like

whos going to pay for retro fits , not the authorities, that’s for certain. and it wont be cheap. I agree with the geofencing but only around airports and security buildings

1 Like

Possibly not - several drones are already electronically conspicuous, like my M2Z, broadcasting remote identification data today with no way to disable it.

1 Like

Even the original Mavic Pro supports it :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

How?

Interesting, you should be OK then.
Do you know what info it broadcasts?
MB

I am thinking about the many older but perfectly usable types.
My Phantom 4 has an option in the menu for some sort of code.

Drone ID, pilot location :grimacing:

@Mel lots of details I this thread:

1 Like

I’ll probably give up droning then

1 Like

My M2Z is broadcasting bugger all at the moment :sleepy::sleepy:

The NATS drone assist app also has a flight report feature that let’s you submit a report showing your location and a brief flight description.

1 Like

Me too :innocent:

1 Like

Isn’t that just part of the normal telemetry back to the controller to show location in the map view etc?

Yes.

The difference being that it’s also broadcast to everyone else within range, not just to your own controller.

1 Like

See previous thread and my correspondence with the Information Commissioner’s Office: if you choose to buy a device that broadcasts your location over the airwaves, that’s (currently) your choice. There is no data protection reason for the ICO to intervene.

1 Like

They should introduce such a scheme for cyclists and old people driving

6 Likes