Breaches of the Drone code

From our very own FAQ

11 Likes

Interesting post @milkmanchris I was only reading over that set of Q&A’s myself the other day (not for the 1st time l might add :wink:)

I personally like to see the passion for the preservation of our ‘rights to fly’ and the Balance of those who desire not to have the hobby brought into disrepute with the general public Healthy, respectful debate ‘good for the soul’ :blush:

3 Likes

slightly off topic but how’s the quality of vids and stills?

1 Like

You got me there until I trawled back to see who the reply was to :thinking: :joy:

Hit the reply icon it opens it up

1 Like

I was a Mavic Mini pilot and my approach for flying that was the same as it is now for my Mavic 2 Zoom. I will literally drive out for hours to find locations where I am not likely to bump into or otherwise annoy other people. In the past it stopped me flying my MM because I considered flying in that location too risky. When I think about this I guess my view is that, so long as it’s done politely and with a modicum of respect I wouldn’t mind it if someone on this forum pointed out a potential issue with a video I had posted.

I am too new to this hobby to assume that I am the only one that’s read (and thinks he understands) the Drone Code. On the other hand I’m going to get grumpy if someone starts trolling me every time I post something (I mean a video or a photo).

6 Likes

Well I never knew you could do that Thank You :+1: makes life much easy

2 Likes

Yes it would be I haven’t come across any of our members doing that and I’m on here a fair bit!

3 Likes

@stevesb I’m with you on this. Whilst mindful that you can get a reputation in forums such as this (I haven’t seen it here) for being the ‘drone police’ it boils my blood when I see a blatant flouting of the law and people being extremely irresponsible when it comes to flying their drones.

I have stopped visiting US drone forums now as some of their posts are absolutely ridiculous. The level of ignorance is outstanding. One guy last week was asking for help to get his drone back after he crashed it whilst flying it FPV over downtown Atlanta. He went behind a building which he estimated was 600’ high, lost connection, hit RTH and wondered why it didn’t come back crashing somewhere over pedestrians and cars in central Atlanta. His post was mainly bleating that the RTH did not work and that he had lost his $2K drone.

As people have said above, common sense should prevail. The youtubers taking extreme risks need to be prosecuted.

7 Likes

Idiots!

3 Likes

Me neither what comes across the most on the forum is that the members new & older both in years and club status go out of their way to try and get things right :+1:

6 Likes

It used to annoy me but I just do this now:

It keeps my blood pressure much lower.

7 Likes

Yes that’s something that you can’t find in other forums

1 Like

God bless America :joy:

1 Like

I find it funny that some drone manufacturers market their products by highlighting how far it can go. Can you legally fly over 4 miles in any scenario?

People are tempted to tests these claims straight out of the box.

2 Likes

Oh I know!

1 Like

Depends how good your eyesight is and if it’s a nice clear day

4 Likes

Hmmmmm

1 Like

They were mostly just guidelines back then rather than actual law. There was no specific offence for flying over 400ft.

You could legally fly 1km from an airport runway up to only a year or so ago.

4 Likes

Wow that’s crazy, and they wondered why they had problems like gatwick :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like