Breaking the speed limit - How fast is your drone? Find out on our leaderboard!

Damn - got to 77.67 mph before rain hit. (2 kph behind record).

1 Like

I can’t see anything for a mini 4 pro as yet, can I claim a short lived maximum speed?

1 Like

Leaderboard updated!

Congratulations on your new Speed Freak badge, @markas :smiley:

1 Like

Rich,

How many entries on the leaderboard do I need to get a speed freak badge? :airplane: :slight_smile:

Hi Rob, not sure why you didn’t have one already … but you do now :+1:

1 Like

It’s probably because I have been around for a few years and everyone thinks I should have been active enough to get all the badges :slight_smile:

1 Like

Storm brewing …

Application for fast 4" drone (faster than GEPRC Crocodile Baby)

82mph

Do I get a badge ?

1 Like

If another @group-fpv member is happy to second your 82.02mph proposal @bmsleight :blush:

1 Like

6 sats with no HDOP shown? I was told needed sub 1 HDOP and 7 or 8…

Dont see HDOP on the record I am attempting to overtake ?

That’s a fair point but hey wasn’t part of that decision. . Problem with GPS alone without the HDOP is when it’s sitting on ground it gives some speed unless it’s given time. Maybe time to revisit the criteria. The DJI ones require complete logs from air data. I’d say a video with GPS speed and HDOP is a minimum. GPS of I dunno 8 min and HDOP under 1. Though far better people.to help with that criteria. Not for one second saying anyone would cheat, but it’s not hard to fake these. Was also told the categories of FPV was never sorted. Leave it at fastest (with evidence) quad or plane and be done with it… Could strap a GPS to my whoop lol…

And looks like JEz struggled to see, those damned digital pilots lol.

Is HDOP not available on BF (I don’t know)? I’d say min 12 sats then. 6 isn’t a reliable amoint.

Paper suggests lower is needed to achieve +/- 1 kph

@Earwig Record contains no details of satellites. :slight_smile:

I gave up trying to get a speedfreak badge as an FPV Pilot. Purely because its to difficult to prove.

Example:

:laughing:

1 Like

This has been discussed many times before.
The last decision I remember was min of 8 sats, and full video of flight from point of top speed to end of flight where the disarm stats are displayed.
This is reasonable for all serious flyers to achieve, wether using BF, INAV or AP
AND gives us all a benchmark to compete with, maybe not strictly accurate but the basis of a fair competition
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Actually I can’t record OSD on the O3… So… Could do logs or put a lighter VTX in a quad I’m trying to speed with heh… Guess only issue with the V2s!

1 Like

@DeanoG60 . Seriously have no contact of that speed. Was that what you think close to genuine or just a freak reading? The 235?

Get a decent system then LOL :running_man: :running_man:

Hmm yeah the Integras are tempting…