Breaking the speed limit - How fast is your drone? Find out on our leaderboard!

Steve @SirGunner isn’t that far off anyway.

1 Like

I was thinking the same, c’mon Steve @SirGunner get yourself into that big book :smiley:

Ive got some batteries on order from Banggood that Im waiting for that should squeeze a couple more mph out of the Snail :crossed_fingers:t2: Although god knows when they will get here, not been shipped yet due to waiting on a restock

if they get here at all… Lipos via banggood are usually a no go at customs… or so ive heard. Never actually tested it myself lol

I hope they arrive. I did a little research before ordering and it looked like you could ship small amounts of lipos without issues although I cant seem to find the info now so I might be buggered :grimacing:

Are these the ‘new tech’ ones that it’sBlunty was talking about in the live stream last week?
Supposed to sustain the high C rating longer :thinking:

I haven’t seen Bluntys video Steve but quite possibly mate. Theyre Tattu R-Line V5 6S 1400mah 150C (the bats I used for the speed record were IFlight Fullsend 6S 1300mah 130C)

Potential problem averted. I ordered them mid August for shipping mid September which got changed to mid October and has now changed to mid November. Ive cancelled the order for a refund and found them in stock in the UK for £10 more than I originally paid including shipping. So should be here by this Thursday :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

He’s at it again :smile: love it

Feck me it is windy out :star_struck: Had to cancel a Teams meeting it was that good :joy:

But the flight was not without issues :roll_eyes:

It really struggled to head into the wind today. It was the windiest it’s been since I got the Mini 3 Pro last week, so this was the first proper test. Even in sports mode at 30m, it eventually dropped to under 1 mph at about 1km away (SW), then the signal started degraded so I halted, and tried to take her up 10m or so.

That is when I experienced an issue. It would not rise, it just stuck there. After many attempts at pushing the left stick up, it started to climb - but very, very slowly. I managed to get to about 48m … but no more :fearful: In sports mode, obstacle avoidance is disabled, so I cannot explain this behaviour - nor did I see this in the Mini 2, not once. Regardless, my signal improved to 100% again - so I thought I’ll have to start the Atti run from here … at 48m altitude :angry: Enough to clear the 40’ish meter high plylons in between me and the homepoint :zipper_mouth_face:

To spice up the situation, still in sports mode, within seconds it started dropping … and drifting … towards one of the pylons :exploding_head: I looked at the altitude … 45m … 40m … 35m … 30m … :fearful:

A quick peak to my right showed this … and I was getting closer to it …

The only thing I could do was to flick it into Atti mode immediately, hoping the 50+ mph tail wind would sweep me clear of danger. Needless to say, it was a bum clenching moment doing a 70+ mph Atti run at <30m altitude in those conditions.

But in this case, the Atti run most certainly saved the Mini 3 Pro, and landed safely :+1:

TL;DR: @OzoneVibe Dave, new record 71.96 mph, which I believe makes the Mini 3 Pro now 11th position on the Leaderboard :+1:

6 Likes

:+1:

Hello peeps! As nobody has put one up yet, I’m going to request my space in the hall of fame on the new DJI M30T :slight_smile: 16.8 m/s or 37.6 mph as I make it!

1 Like

Have you uploaded the logs to AirData, Glenn?

Hey @OzoneVibe no these are on Dronelogbook. Are we only accepting logs on Air Data now? Can look into it if so!

In DroneLogBook, you can share the flight data too.

@OzoneVibe and @clinkadink - its been a while since I posted on the speed board, I thought a screen shot of the flight data was ok. What are you after to check? Here’s an even faster flight on Air Data as Dave wanted? 50 MPH!

As in the OP, we have always asked for the log data …

We actually need, where possible, a link to the AirData post / log file, since screenshots are open to potential skulduggery …
:wink:

… and rather than only ask when we feel we might need to, we ask pretty much every time…

2 Likes

@OzoneVibe here you go!

Thanks for the info, as I said its been a while!

2 Likes