Broadway Tower - Added to Castles & Fortifications in the West Midlands region on the map at DroneScene.co.uk

I have has just added this to the UK Map of places to fly your Drone at https://dronescene.co.uk

5 Likes

I have just been on a break in the Cotswolds, staying in the village of Broadway (more photos to come), and was looking forward to flying around the Broadway Tower. Broadway Tower is On independently owned land. Arrived in time to do a flight during the evening golden hour, but on arrival I found the following pinned up in lots of places.

I did have a plan B, as I knew there were footpaths surrounding and Iintended to fly from these area. However, I then discovered that the surrounding land was National Trust!!!

By this time I decided to watch the beautiful sunset with my wife, and quite a few other visitors to the site.

If you do want to fly here, and not go against landowners permissions, there is a road running along side (east of the tower) with public parking which I was intending to use, though didn’t get a chance to go back.

For info the tower itself is open 10-5 but you can access the grounds 24/7 and free of charge.

3 Likes

I’ve flown here too :grin:

1 Like

I know this thread is quite old, but in case anyone else plans on flying here, see info below. This is what I did and flew today with their permission. They did ask me for a copy of my drone insurance, which I provided. I have also provided them with copies of the photos that I took.

You can request permission to fly your drone at Broadway Tower in advance, by emailing office@broadwaytower.co.uk. This information is also on their website:

Drones and Filming

Broadway Tower is a small celebrity in the film and media world. It has played supporting roles to international stars and film characters and featured on our much-loved British TV productions. Filming or use of drones at Broadway Tower requires prior permission; please submit details of your request to us at least 7 days prior.

Please contact the office for more information: office@broadwaytower.co.uk

Please note visitors filming without consent will be asked to vacate the premises and will be liable for any claims in relation to public liability and damages to livestock or buildings.

I hope that helps someone :+1:

4 Likes

I went there today after taking a stroll around Batsford Arboretum which is a stones throw away but did not manage to get the drone up unfortunately :(.
I will go back there to fly at some point but just as a heads up make sure you take some loose change for the parking as it seems you cannot pay by card or phone. This is the reason I did not fly today but as it is reasonably close to me that was not a huge issue.
Also, if you do look to fly from outside the site they are now cordoning off the laybys/passing places to stop people from using them as a free parking spot!

Thanks, most helpful. Just sent email to them to request permission for mid-May.

This is an old post (5 years), recommended coordinates appreciated to fly without offending landowners. Is Broadway village a no drone zone too, even from a distance

1 Like

My boss lives there. Back down that way next week might have a go. Lovely area and been to the tower!

1 Like

My TOAL was from the lay-.by, just by the tower. But @MasterYeti has mentioned that they are blocking the lay-bys now.

I also parked in the lay-by and flew from a nearby gate on an late summer evening, but alas that was almost 12 months ago, so I guess the parking may be more difficult when the site is closed, unless the blocking is only done when it’s open? Guess we need google maps to update the street view. I do intend to visit again myself soon as when I did go I stupidly forgot my SD cards so couldn’t do any video and my pictures were low quality.

To update. Can confirm the no drone signs are gone. Would advise giving them advanced notification where possible as being as they are being so kind to no longer be anti-drone.

Last dash opportunities at sunsets though obviously mean not giving them notice, but I’ve now flown here 3 times at sunsets after 8pm and had no issues. Any other photographers in place before me I usually just let them know what I’m upto and they generally have no problem and thank you for letting them know.

There are cones on the roadside nearest to the tower to prevent people parking near the passing place. The passing place is safe to park in imo if you’re visiting very late in the evening (say after 7pm) when the main car park is closed. If you’re visiting during the day and don’t want to pay for parking and don’t mind an uphill walk, there is additional parking on Buckle St on the other side of the crossroads. I’ve marked it red below. This does have a gate on it, so I’m not sure what time it closes. Check on arrival.

If you’re after sunsets though during peak summer, the passing place is fine and lots of others park there which is the only downside as they wonder into your shots, need to do some additional editing on some to remove them out.

A Mini 3 Pro did show up whilst I was there, but the pilot must have stayed in their car as they were nowhere to be seen, must have only had the one battery too as they didn’t stay around for too long. I must say it wasn’t as quite as I was expecting it to be after what people had been saying.

3 Likes

I’ve flown here too :grin:

2 Likes

Fabulous - definitely one for the summer :grinning: :grinning: