Budget FPV Starter Kit

And my controller also connects to my Sims (Velocidrone and Lift off) for those rainy days :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Although I do sometimes regret not buying the RTF tinyhawk kit purely for the fact of having a spare set of cheap goggles to give to someone so that they can spectate while I’m flying :+1:t2:

1 Like

Just a thought Steve. If you’re short sighted, box goggles are better suited. If not, bi camera goggles will suit you. Although whichever you go for, they can probably be modified etc.

2 Likes

Them do me fine…

2 Likes

My mav gets pulled out when all three of my quads are simultaneously trashed (and I need to get airborne) which happens with suspicious regularity

I am lost though…

I walk around now, seeing literally every environment only in terms of how good it would be for flying…

3 Likes

You’re probably right Callum lol trouble is I don’t even know if its gonna make me sick yet :nauseated_face: That’s why I want to keep the cost minimal to start and then I can always upgrade later :+1:t2:

2 Likes

It’s only a bit off putting the first time.
Sit down it’s a lot better

Yes Deano this is what I’m giving serious thought to right now mate :thinking:

Cheers Karl I don’t need glasses for either mate but if anything I’m long sighted and sometimes struggle with things too close

1 Like

Is there anybody local who can stick you in a set of goggles so you can see how you get on?

1 Like

Cheers for the recommendation Tom I’ll check them out thanks :+1:t2:

Double screens will suit you fine.

1 Like

I mean if it wasn’t for lockdown I’m sure me and Karl would be up for a road trip. Then you could try both types of goggles as I fly box goggles and Karl flies the dominator style goggles :neutral_face:

2 Likes

PlayStation VR gives me motion sickness after around 20 minutes. Started taking motion sickness tablets for longer sessions that worked.

As far as FPV goes, I’ve been fine. The breaks to swap batteries etc helps.

1 Like

Not that I know of Deano. But I had a set of VR goggles that came with one of my Samsung phones. Some of the games were OK but others made me feel sick. Not sure if they are the same as VR Goggles or not?

Karl and I. Dean. lol. And don’t forget @Steviegeek

2 Likes

Cheers Karl I’ll take a look and see what I can find mate :+1:t2:

Funny you should say that. The goggles connected to my pc in a sim make me sick unless I turn the brightness down :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah if it wasn’t for restrictions etc I’d make a trip up to Coventry but just can’t right now unfortunately mate

1 Like

Ok mr grammar police lol wasn’t sure if @Steviegeek would be up for a 6 hour round trip lol

2 Likes