Bury St Edmunds New Member

Hello! New member to the club. Thank you to Rich (PingSpike) for the invitation. I fly a DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ and have reasonable experience. I did the first part of the commercial course a few years back but never took the exam as I was never going to fly commercially. I am an avid amateur photographer and use my drone mainly for stills rather than video.

I do have my (real size) private helicopter pilots license but have not flown for a few years now. Some health limitations in recent years probably mean I have to give it up, so for me, drone flying is where it is now!

I travel a lot with my work and will be investing in a Mavic 2 Zoom in the next month or two which I can carry a lot easier.

My Instagram is Joeboy1964 and my photo website is www.joedenham.com

Looking forward to sharing advice and experiences with you all.

4 Likes

Welcome Joe to GADC, from a “Norfolk Boy” (just across the passport control border !.)
Good to have you with us.
Great mine of information on here for you to get stuck into.
Pour a glass of “something” in the evenings and get involved in the chit chat.
Lots of like minded people on here, and a great place to share you photographic knowledge.

2 Likes

Hi @Joe, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own a P4 … so you are amongst good company. Many fellow M2Z owners, too, when you have yours.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

I did some rotary flying, many years ago, but never to PPL level … most of my many PPL hours were fixed wing.

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Hi @Joe and welcome to Grey Arrows - glad you could join us mate :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind welcome and the information!

1 Like

Hi @Joe welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing some photos.

Thanks

1 Like

What a wealth of experience Joe,
Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Thank you @Boydey What a lovely bunch of people here! Already spent too long reading old posts and looking at some of the amazing pictures and videos. So much to learn here!

1 Like