Buying a mavic 2 zoom or wait for m3

I have seen the reviews for the Evo 2 however no UK dealers puts me off

Also i have decided i wold rather buy proven tech than go the route of new ie M3 or Autel E2

Plus want to fly than wait for ??? Long

So its m2 for me. So back to one of my other question, best deals?

1 Like

DJI offer discounts three or four times a year.

And when they do, it’s across all dealers (including Argos et al) so keep your eyes peeled :+1:t2:

Oh, and put my name down for an Evo 2 6K :grimacing:

3 Likes

Your on the list Rich !

2 Likes

ÂŁ1500?/

2 Likes

I’m in the States on business in March…hmmmmmm

3 Likes

You’ll have to bring back about 5 for us all!:laughing:

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking!

4 Likes

DO IT !!! :wink: :wink: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

He’ll need an export licence for that. :wink: :wink:
I can soon pop down the A11 to pick one up Joe?

4 Likes

If I can find a release date and outlet in PA then I’ll price it up before I leave and let you know. I have offices and a warehouse in PA and can get them couriered over no problem.

2 Likes

If you could do that Joe, and make a buck or two in doing it, then I for one would want one !.
How would you stand for export/import taxes, etc ?.

1 Like

If I DHL them in to the UK then DHL will charge the relevant VAT/Duty on import which is payable as they deliver them.

If I walk through Heathrow with one in my bag, then very unlikely to get stopped so would probably get away with it. Would be difficult to bring back more than one myself though as I would quickly run out of cabin bag space!

Looking at the website they haven’t got a release date yet but they are hinting at March. I am out there, March, May and June anyway. So could bring one through each time!

3 Likes

I buy all my camera gear in the US and usually it works out the same in USD as GBP here. So a lens that cost GBP1400 here would be USD1400 there, saving around 25-30% at todays exchange rates.

3 Likes

I should add there is no export duty or levy, only an import duty and VAT. If it is for own use and you walk it through it would be very unlikely they would charge you even if you were stopped.

If it was for myself, I would open it and fly it in the US, ditch the packaging and bring it in in the case. It is then a ‘used’ item and not new so nothing to pay anyway. Essentially classed as personal property. They wouldn’t know if I bought it in the US or took it out there with me.

3 Likes

Popped into Heliguy yesterday. They suggested that the rumours re the M3 and just that, rumours and doubt there will be a M3 until back end of the year.

They also told me that they are in discussion with Autel to become a dealer

4 Likes

That’s my understanding of bringing items in as “Gifts” :innocent:

1 Like

That’s good to know

Strangest quirk is that AUTEL are a Shenzen based Company !. Talk about pissing in DJI’s pot !.

2 Likes

If you like the boxes USPS it back to yourself, Ive done that with lens boxes before ;o)

2 Likes

Yes exactly

2 Likes