C0 & C1 Classification Mini 4 Pro

Hi all

My first post. So please be kind :grinning:

I have got my replacement Mini 4 pro using DJI refresh. They have given me the option of registering the drone with a C1 classification.

My understanding is that the mini 4 was a C0.

My understanding of the C1 classification is that it is more restricted than C0.

So I am wondering if there is any reason to go with C1.

I hope my question makes sense.

Thank you.

1 Like

Great to see you asking questions… don’t worry about asking questions as it helps everyone to understand.

Does this help?

Seems C1 adds restrictions, but allows some flexibility in max height (above the take off point).

I’d go with C0, but let’s see what others think :thinking:

2 Likes

Can you share what DJI has said

I suspect this is only of consequence if you ever plan to fly in Europe.
By the time the UK recognises C classes, the mini 38 will be the current model.

1 Like

Never be concerned asking a question. That is one of the things this group is good at. Answering and helping. Just ask away.

2 Likes

They gave me some sticker and instructions as to how to make the drone C1 classification and to update DJI Fly.

@Redskinblack If you intend to fly higher from TO point than 120m (up a mountain for instance) in the EU then you will have to reclass it as C1 and accept the restrictions that come with the classification. It would make no difference to your flights in UK as the classification system was not adopted by the CAA.

If you want the freedoms that come with a C0 EU class of drone, ie flying over people then choose this option but it will not fly higher than 120m from TO point in the EU ( this restriction is automatically removed in non EU airspace).

6 Likes

I was thinking you could share it :man_shrugging:

The reason is I was under the impression that from Jan 2024 the option to declassify the Mini 4 was removed, it could only be done before this date

All drones bought from 1 January 2024 onwards will have a mandatory class identification label which cannot be removed.

Amazing. That make perfect sense.

It is unlikely I’m going up a mountain. So C0 it is then.

Thank you.

1 Like

Apparently it has been made slightly easier in that you don’t have to wait for the sticker to come through the post; it is included in the bo with the drone.

@Sparkyws I wonder Wayne, if it was because it was a replacement drone for one that had been purchased before Jan 24, thereby replacing like for like? I’m getting de ja vu!

1 Like

Ok this is something new and not to be confused with removing the C0 label pre-Jan 2024

From Jan 2024 you can not remove the C0 classification

But you can now reclassify to a C1 labelled drone

also bearing in mind this is only relevant if flying in an EASA-regulated country

This video will help

1 Like