CAA #ShotOnMyDrone competition

Maybe McSteamy has buggered their system by overloading it with all his entries :man_shrugging:

Iā€™ve got 2 accounts with them now :grimacing: just saying :joy::joy:

Have you tried creating an account through 4G/5G ? Then sign in on PC :thinking:

2 Likes

The only thing I havenā€™t tried is submitting via my phone. But honestly, I canā€™t be bothered anymore :yawning_face:

Lol ā€¦ i was just typing that very thing. Answer is nope.

1 Like

I submitted a few photos that havenā€™t appeared. Reasonably sure itā€™s just that they are away for the weekend. Wait until Monday, then contact them if itā€™s not fixed.

2 Likes

I am starting to side with @Nidge ā€¦ and this is just a ploy to extract all all my email addresses, usernames and patience.

1 Like

I think if theyā€™d asked for OP IDā€™s I would of been a bit sceptical :joy::joy:

1 Like

The problem i have found is this. I log in with my DMARES credentials, it says ā€œemail address takenā€. So I try another, say chris@gadc.com ā€¦ it then throws the ā€œGateway Timeoutā€ after about 20 seconds. I try again, with the same email, it says ā€œemail address takenā€. 5 emails addresses later, I have none left. And I wonā€™t be creating new email accounts just to enter a pic, and compete against one person, for a drone that came out last year, that I already own, and can only be collected 9 months ago - when the competition apparently closes :thinking:

Really strange! Iā€™m literally having no issues, Iā€™ve got two accounts now and both I can log into with no issues. :weary:

Like @kvetner says, maybe weekend issues and they will pick it up after their Costa in the morning. :crossed_fingers:t4:

They probably ā€œAppleā€ lovers, and know you are too, but I am (most definitely) not :wink:

I tell you ā€¦ they are monitoring this forum.

1 Like

I didnā€™t need to log in? it is just an online form and an upload link :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s standard, but when you fill that in and try to submit the photo it will say username in use and so onā€¦

I have been using firefox to upload by the form, so I just tried Chrome and got the same

So went back to Firefox and it uploaded no problem :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

My Snake river is on the page now, I have shoved off @McSteamy2010 :joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve submitted 5 photos, none of which have appeared in the gallery. Iā€™m wondering if they thought this one might make the public think this drone malarkey is still something to complain about :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :thinking:

7 Likes

Am I the only one rolling eyes at this element of the rules:
While using a drone in towns and cities can produce amazing images it does though involve more risk and therefore most users looking to enter these categories will need specific authorisations from the CAA.
And in the CAA briefing note:
Drone use continues to grow, with over 300,000 registered drone and model aircraft users in the UK.
New research by the CAA of UK adults revealed that 20% of drone users and half of the general public are unaware that CAA approval is needed to fly a drone in a town or city in most cases.

I guess theyā€™ve not heard of a Mini 2.

At least in the main competition web page they talk of a Mavic Air 2, not a plain old Mavic Airā€¦

4 Likes

No, you werenā€™t the only one. Although they do mention sub-250g drones later on.

1 Like

Tried via phone. Failed again. What a load of CAAā€™rap.

[Clicks ā€˜unfollow threadā€™ ā€¦ and throws toys out of pram]

2 Likes

Send me all your entries mate, Iā€™ll stick them on there for you :smirk::grimacing:

1 Like