Calling any Mavic Dual Thermal users

Hi guys, has anybody on the forum either got a Mavic Dual or used a Mavic Dual thermal?

I’ve got the Inspire 1 and XT Thermal which is insanely good for wildlife monitoring (I use it to count deer for large estates) but its not very portable.

I’m looking for a reason to buy a Mavic Dual but nobody on YouTube has really reviewed it doing what I want.

I want to know if it can detect a person or deer, at night, from about 300-400 ft.

Thanks

2 Likes

I think you should contact DJI and offer to do a review for them … in exchange for a long loan period. :wink:

5 Likes

You can hire a Dual from Heliguy for £150 a day or so @Longstride

Which you may be able to claim through work? :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve asked them for a loaner or hire cheers

2 Likes

Let me know when you head out with it. I’d be interested to tag along …. if I may …. and if it’s local and not the Upper Highlands or similar. :wink:

2 Likes

Within an hour Heliguy offered me a free of charge loan next week!

@OzoneVibe I’ll be flying locally to us, so I’ll ping you once I’ve had a good play myself :slight_smile: and you can come fill your boots!

5 Likes

Cool! Just need some subsonic winds. :wink:

2 Likes

haha

Was the Dual Thermal any good?

I’ve literally just opened the box Dave, as been away all week. Subject to weather, might get it up today! Then it’s coming with me to Scotland for two weeks tomorrow for a test! Expect videos!

1 Like

Have a look at the Parrot Anafi Thermal as well. I was going for the Mavic Thermal as I already have a M2 Zoom and the batteries are compatible but after seeing the results from the Mavic Thermal I decided on the Anafi. The thermal software seems more versatile to me. 20mp RGB camera and zoom which can be used on both RGB and thermal cameras. Lighter than the Mavic so it’s easier to carry around and batteries and controller charge via USB C so easier to charge on the move.
Considerably cheaper as well. Not as sturdy as the Mavic and no anti collision though. Also all the auto functions can be used on both RGB and thermal cameras. I was initially hoping to replace my M2 Zoom with the Mavic Thermal but no auto functions available when I looked at it. Perhaps it’s been updated now.
Only downside for me is that I can’t use the Crystalsky monitor.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ve also put some findings on this other link.

Mavic Enterprise Dual Review

1 Like