Can I fly in EU with a UAS Operator Registration (Ireland)

Hi everybody, I completed my online training course with CAA successfully. Today I also successfully completed my online training with UAS (Ireland) also now have a UAS Operator Registration (Ireland). Having completed both does that mean by registering with UAS (Ireland) can I fly my Drone in the EU (Austria). After spending 73 euros I hope I am on the right track to fly in some members States in the EU.
Regards to all.
Chris

Yes as they are part of the EU it covers you in all EASA states

1 Like

If you have any issues you can use the Luxembourg site for both Operator and Flyer IDs completely free. The online study materials are excellent and easy to maneuver through.

Bill

3 Likes

Hi @we2travel, it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

Hi PinkSpike, I have Introduced myself I am a newbie from Carlisle. I intend to get insurance soon.

Chris

Hi @Chris15 I know who you are :smiley:

I was welcoming @we2travel :blush:

Thanks we2travel, am sure I will be ok, it’s part of EASA along with Luxembourg :+1:
Regards
Chris

Hi Dudesuper, Thanks you have made me feel at ease😂 As you can guess I am at an early stage of getting to know the Drone scene.

Regards
Chris

1 Like

Thanks PinkSpike for the welcome, Its been a hard day studying :joy: and feeling sometimes lost in this Drone Scene but am still going to give it ago​:woozy_face: There’s always members like yourself can help me out​:face_with_peeking_eye:
Regards
Chris

No problem. Same here only had a drone since December did easa licence incase I count use drone while on holiday in January but unfortunately was in the middle of a frz!!

I have not got a drone as yet🥴Thought I would study all the in and outs then take the plunge👍

1 Like

Just be aware that you will need a public liability insurance to fly drones in Austria.

Hi @grishaan, it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up grishaan.

Regards
Chris

I received this from the Austrian equivalent of the CAA, when I enquired about flying in Austria:

Dear Mr Baines,

no further action or CofC are needed to fly within Austrian airspace, as you have already registered yourself as an operator and have the appropriate CofC to fly within the open category. Please make sure that the foreseen area of operation is not located within a control area or flight restriction areas. You can check the UAS-specific zones and airspaces on map.dronespace.at or within the Austro Control dronespace app.

Kind regards

Berkay Inan, MSc.
DCC Drone Competence Center
Luftfahrtagentur
Tel +43.51703.
Fax +43.51703.7086
E-Mail uLFZ@austrocontrol.at
Web www.austrocontrol.at
Austro Control GmbH
Wagramer Straße 19
1220 Wien

I have the EASA licence from Luxembourg. It’s worth checking their map.dronespace.au, as mentioned above because there are lots of restriction zones for small airfields.

1 Like

Oh thanks for that Photobird :+1:Thats great news. All I have to do now is plenty of practice flying :face_with_peeking_eye:
Kind regards
Chris