Can I fly in the Manchester CTR - Restricted Zone?

Hi there.

I’m new to the Grey Arrows so apologies if this has been asked a million times, but I’d love some input regarding a drone flight I have coming up on Thursday which is in Trinity Way Manchester within the CTR zone and a red restricted zone due to the relevant close proximity to Strangeways.

On my DJI fly app the area where I’ll be flying is an enhanced warning notice due to the closeness of the no fly zone at the prison but it’s the restricted airspace ring that shows on Altitude Angel that is causing me to doubt the operation.

Can anyone shed any light on whether I can fly here or not. I have an A2CofC and be using the Mavic Air 1

Really appreciate your help and advice

Many thanks

Matt

@kvetner You’ve flown in this space before according to DS?

Yes, flown there many times. I think this is the Restriction of Flying zone associated with the prison, which is for helicopters, not drones.

Tough area to fly in A2 though, very difficult to maintain the 50m separation.

1 Like

Thanks for this I did see on drone sense that the area was restricted for helicopters but wanted that clarification as everywhere else seems to skirt around it

If I’m flying a mavic 1 at 430G with an A2cofc I can fly close to people but not over fly deliberately as it’ falls into A1 legacy due to its weight and the A2cofc entitlement

The flight will be in the carpark of a clients premises and will be taking images of the building, literally going up vertically and then descending. Quite boring but just need a few images with height, no less than 50m max.

Any advice on that is much appreciated

Many thanks

Matt

1 Like