Can I switch between Go4 & Litchi mid-flight?

If you fully close whichever app you are using, when you open the other app it should connect.
You can try this with the MP fired up on the table - check that you have video feed, and even check you have control by starting motors up and switching them off with each app in turn. That should make you happy that you can switch OK.

As I say, it is (usually) important that you close the app, not just hit the phone’s home button and leave it in background, before opening the next app.

And, by closing, using the Android “back” button to close it.

1 Like

The CS might behave differently from a normal Android phone, but when I want to switch I need to unplug the USB cable from the bottom of the Mavic remote, give it a second or two, then plug it back in.

I’m then promoted and asked which app I want to launch (as per Dave’s screenshot above) :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I just very rarely switch in flight … although, to prove to myself that I can do and what needs to be done … I have done it a few times.

I tend to use Go4 whenever I can, because it caches the video to the phone during flight. Litchi however, since it’s designed to fly your drone BRCC (Beyond RC Connection) … doesn’t try to cache video/images.

This might be it!

Tried fully shutting down the Go4 app and launching Litchi but it didn’t work. Will try taking the cable out of the phone and putting it back in.

Just tried it and it worked with my very old modded FW.

Even made a little planet like the Mavic Air does with PTGui. Impressed with the results.

2 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1:

Just need to follow Interactive 360 Panoramas - How To and we can all see the results. :wink:

I’ve just powered my MP up and it switches between apps no problem … side cable and not removing it.

1 Like

You loaded Go4 first?

1 Like

Yup - tried it a couple of times - Go4 first and Litchi 1st.

1 Like

I’ll try and do a screen video in a bit.

1 Like

OK - I’ve discovered something.
Before I blurb about it, I need to re-test a few times - and alcohol has already happened.
So, I’ll come back on this tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

From my tests I’ve found that if Go4 is used first, the app has to be fully closed, side cable taken out and put back in before Litchi would work.

If Litchi is used first, switching to Go4 and then switching back to Litchi doesn’t require you to take the cable out.

So - what have I found out …… after ripping out Go4 apks and installing/uninstalling different versions on 3 phones of differing ages and differing Android versions ….

This all seems to be dependant on one of :

• Android version
  • device specific Android version
  • or device itself.

A summary of my findings …

• My “drone” phone (Wileyfox Storm, Android 7.1.2) switches back and forth OK with any version of Go4 (well, the one normally on there (4.2.16) and latest (4.3.14) and latest Litchi.

• My new “phone” phone (OnePlus 6, their flavour of Android 9 - OxygenOS 9.0.4) … with either of the above versions of Go4 and latest Litchi … is like you have found. Litchi first = switching back and forth OK. Go4 first = Litchi not OK.

• My last “phone” phone (Wileyfox Swift 2X - their flavour of Android 8.1.0) is fine, switching back and forth, with either version of Go4, whichever is used first … BUT …. only the first time after a phone reboot! (:alien:) … then it behaves as in your case.

So - nothing that really helps anyone.

BUT …

… what I have discovered, that was REALLY useful when using the OP6 phone, the “Android buttons” for which are right at the very edge of the phone and hence hidden in the RC’s device holders, making closing an app a right pain …. there’s another way to swap apps that seems far easier.

Easier if you’re using the large USB port on the RC, but I still use the side port and want to plug/unplug into that as rarely as possible - but, without closing any apps, if you unplug the USB cable and plug it back in, you get the pop-up to chose which app you want to use - and bingo! No issues (with 4 flights of about 10 mins - switching back and forward about every minute) with the app not in use lurking in background. (I guess basically what @PingSpike was suggesting - but without even having to close an app.)

Since my “drone” phone is old micro USB, and my new phone is the new USB-C, I was using an adapter between the DJI micro usb cable and the new phone, so disconnecting from the adapter was really easy.

2 Likes