Can you export raw dmg panoramas as raw files rather than jpg for post-processing?

I’ve finally got my head round shooting panoramas in basic jpg format from my DJI Mini 3 (it took a while!), but ideally I’d like to work with the raw dmg files for better quality handling and post-production and I seem to be back at square one again with finding an easy and successful workflow. Is there a panorama stitching program that preserves the raw format so that you can apply post-processing once the panorama has been created as any advantage in using raw files seems to be lost at this point if the output is just jpg, and the raw files definitely need some post-processing.

If anyone else successfully shooting raw panoramas can share their workflow that would be very helpful!

Thanks ~

Have a look at this Alan, it might be what you are looking for

1 Like

Ah, yes… thank you. I did search, honest, but I guess my search query was as good as my panorama creation!

Thanks ~

1 Like

I’m unsure that works for mini 3 or pro after firmware updates as take about 10 more pics more if I recall then the mini 2, raw files are larger, also if it does work most likely able to skip fill cloud as update made it fully spherical 360 pics.

Be interesting to see if the settings for mini 2 in the link provided works as I think it’s not the zenith that need fixing but the nadir be the problem.

The good news is that I discovered that AutoPano Giga is now free: AutoPano Giga is Now Free - HDRMAPS™

I’m just running an initial render as I type, -you’re right, 35 photos so I’m not bothering with any cloud fill, but the final render has put some strange shadows onto the panorama (below) which might be something to do with one of the settings, and how it deals with overlaps.

It has been forever since GoPro bought them out.

Check out the thread linked above for loads more resources