Can you help us clean up the Locations on Drone Scene?

Happy to help time on my hand’s North west. :+1:

1 Like

I can have a shoot around on my bike. I am Sheffield based so South Yorkshire mostly. Is there a time limit on this, or is it pick them off as and when you can?

1 Like

Like this? :wink:

4 Likes

Quite happy to clear up some shite in Scotland.

Damn, that viaduct would be sweet for FPV. Unfortunately Northumberland is nowhere near Sheffield. :confused: might have to make a trip up there though next year. :slight_smile:

The one thing i could never work out is why people keep adding churches to fly at. I mean an abbey or priory i could understand. But a standard church looks like a massively boring place to fly with high possibility of pissing off locals.

1 Like

I thought also we was volunteering to go places in person, apparently not.

2 Likes

I totally agree :point_up_2:t2:I think your find myself as others have entered quite a few of these recent for the RTF competition, as it states if your picture is entered with a valid drone scene entry you claim a couple of bonus points.

Haha yea :sweat_smile::rofl:

2 Likes

I plan to get off the bike and have a look around. But what is required? The problem i see is many of the places on drone scene were added by camera drone operators and I am not one of them. I only fly FPV, so the way i look at these places will automatically be biased towards how I fly. is it just a matter of going there, seeing if it exists, taking a picture or two, move on to next location, rinse, repeat? The original pitch wasn’t entirely clear.

Oh ok, so it was you who has been adding them. :stuck_out_tongue: I kept seeing entries on the frontpage that someone added a church to dronescene. i just wondered if there was a reason for it, because while I can see reasons to fly FPV around churches, I couldn’t seen any reason why a camera drone operator would, short of documenting the past or something.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought or maybe I read it wrong but would of been happy too travel too.

Yes I’ll own up too 4 of them :joy: an abbey a cathedral a chapel & a church …… lol

1 Like

I think now stated all is needed is a web browser, I’d have said check the drone scene entries cross reference with up to date google images / maps, to make sure those places still exist and are of good interest for people too fly and or worthy and not just random rubbish, which I know a couple of mine will be as was only located for the RTF as stated above, I think the board wants to have a clear out so to speak.
Edit : and locations pretty much on top of locations on drone scene.

2 Likes

Just wondering if you guys read the first post at all. It’s fairly clear what’s being asked for. :wink:

I think folk often just skim the last few posts in a thread and then wade in. :laughing:

3 Likes

I kinda skimmed the first post. Thought it was kind of a drive to location, check it’s still there, do some recon, reassess, post results, move on.

I see I also have to do some editing or does someone else who knows how to use this forum do that. When i first joined and got some powers it said I should do a tutorial or read something and I never did. I’m not really bothered about having advanced rights or anything. Just like to come here and chat from time to time.

But saying that I have no issue putting boots on the ground at 10 or so locations.

1 Like

@PingSpike & @Challenges_Committee

I’ve been pondering that the above bonus incentive is not always conducive to a tidy/interesting Drone Scene, depending on the challenge at hand, of course.

I’m sure ChallComm give each challenge careful deliberation, and would never countenance a simple copy-pasta of the boilerplate rules. Just wondering whether the DS bonus is a worthwhile addition to some of the more frequent “friendlies”.

Then again, I see the merit of encouraging people to populate Drone Scene, and I’m sure many of our members would be interested in finding churches (for example) that other members had flown at.

As well as helping as stated in the op, you can always participate and add locations you have flown and yes we need more FPVers @group-fpv :wink:

4 Likes

I am available to do the amazing :grinning: North West area :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’ve just updated the first post, sorry if it wasn’t clear enough.

It’s not required at all but sincerely, thank you to everyone who volunteered to actually visit the location in question :bowing_man:t2:

3 Likes

Im happy to help.

1 Like

Happy to help in the NW of England…

1 Like

+1 for NE locations

1 Like