Can you help us clean up the Locations on Drone Scene?

Happy to help with Yorkshire if you still need people.
(I may need a little guidance on what would be considered not worth keeping on the site)

1 Like

Sorry for late reply.
Happy to help also.
As long as instructions on what needed are easy to understand :slight_smile:

Sorry I’m a bit late to the party but I’m happy to join the northwest group if it helps share the load. I understand if I’ve missed the boat!

1 Like

Anything boring. Like if someone put up a Sainsburys Car park as a good place to fly. It might be good on a day when no one is there for practising, but apart from practice it offers nothing useful. i would ask for that to be removed. Also the plethora of churches that people added due to some recent challenge. :wink:

Trouble is, “boring” is somewhat subjective and we’re not all going to have the same idea about that. :slight_smile:

Churches are often very picturesque, and a favourite for flying cameras, but clearly not everyone’s cup of tea. :laughing:

A Sainsbury’s car park, with the right features, might be a decent place for an FPV session. At least the FPV pin should make it clear who the intended ‘customer’ is.

I suspect we’re going to need guidance from a higher authority/tastemaker on this. :thinking:

Benefit is that DS has a filter to drop that entire category if it’s not in your interest :blush:

UPDATE

We’ve done a small trial test run with the London region!

Thanks to @Gham for doing half of London, we’re just waiting for @jedpause to complete his half (nudge nudge) :wink:

I’ve added my name to a bunch of the regions that had very high numbers to try and reduce the load.

If you’ve not yet volunteered and would like to pitch in, please have a look at your region below and see what the numbers look like, it’s a safe bet that every region still needs some assistance currently :blush:

We’ll probably give it another couple of days for any last minute it help, then we’ll be in touch with everyone either later this week or early next week.

Sit-rep as of 10AM Saturday 18th Feb:

group-eastofengland : 159 Locations (53x each) 100% COMPLETE :partying_face:

@rustybarnet
@OldGit62
@PingSpike

group-eastmidlands : 176 Locations (25x each) 100% COMPLETE :partying_face:

@Earwig
@firstadekit
@Yith
@mellor63
@jordans
@Acedrone
@thewhoosh

group-london : 21 Locations (10x each) - 100% COMPLETE :partying_face:

@Gham
@jedpause

group-northeast : 75 Locations (25x each)
100% COMPLETE :partying_face:

@Stillight
@mollin
@tonymc77

group-northernirel : 55 Locations (28x each) 100% COMPLETE :partying_face:

@TheFatController
@PingSpike

group-northwest : 338 Locations (34 x each) 100% COMPLETE :partying_face:

@Crackerjack
@Derek.RC
@Sparkyws
@Gavinnewcombe
@AlbionDrones
@stevesb
@markas
@Speedbird
@Datmandan
@PingSpike

group-scotland : 186 Locations (46x each) 100% COMPLETE :partying_face:

@Onanist
@JoeC
@mynameisjoe
@Drumsagard

group-southeast : 267 Locations (34x each) 100% COMPLETE :partying_face:

@Kirky
@Gham
@ThorTDL
@SirGunner
@macspite
@Dren
@Jennyb
@grandad1950

group-southwest : 341 Locations (28x each) 100% COMPLETE :partying_face:

@Bobbysmile
@Joriann
@DroneGeek
@Barry7
@clinkadink
@Tidepool
@GhostWsM
@Pan
@TMVideos
@Droningtony
@PPL
@Indy-Garden

group-wales : 139 Locations (46x each) 100% COMPLETE :partying_face:

@Jhdee
@welshmavic
@FlyingShroppie

group-westmidlands : 138 Locations (19x each) 100% COMPLETE :partying_face:

@BudgieUK
@D0c.Col
@Hotrodspike
@Steviegeek
@firstadekit
@FlyingShroppie
@rob-gaw

group-yorkshumber : 206 Locations (34x each) 100% COMPLETE :partying_face:

@DeanoG60
@notveryprettyboy
@PathfinderFPV
@john768
@earthmonkey
@PingSpike

5 Likes

There was an email?

All grey arrows emails get dumped in a folder and ignored. I would hope anything important is sent to me by pm.

Some people have notifications from the forum sent to them via email, and I imagine this is what’s being referred to here. It’s technically possible (through receiving and replying to GADC emails) to have full discussions without ever visiting the site - though I’m not sure I’d want to…

1 Like

What the…?!

2 Likes

Looking at the numbers, I’m really glad I don’t live in London…

Thank you once again to everyone who has volunteered to help :bowing_man:t2:

We’re just dividing up the regions and we’ll be in touch with you directly over the coming days :smiley:

Closing this thread now - thanks again :clap:t2:

9 Likes

ALL LOCATIONS NOW REVIEWED :partying_face:

Thank you, to everyone, who has helped review and clean up over TWO THOUSAND locations on Drone Scene :bowing_man:t2:

6 Likes

we are the power! :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

It’s been our pleasure to help you Rich @GADC_Committee :+1:

4 Likes

Can we do it again, i enjoyed it. Now have a list a mile long of places i definitely want to fly.

5 Likes

Glad to help

3 Likes

Big thanks to all who helped out with this. :clap:

Also a special thanks to those who volunteered for extra batches to cover unforseen circumstances in their groups :bowing_man:

6 Likes