Can you only get one years DJI Care Refresh cover on the dji website?

Re: dji mini 2. Can you only get one years cover for it on the dji website?
Only can’t see anywhere it gives you the option.
Jessops are advertising 2 years cover at £69.
Ta

I have seen on the website when you add the Mini 2 to your basket?

I just activated my Mini 2 and only had the option for 1 year so skipped it for now as you have 48 hours… I’ll take a look in a bit

1 Like

Same thing here. I have a Mini 2 on the way and looking to take our a Care Refresh plan but even though the DJI website does mention a 2 year, 3 replacements plan, when you click on the Mini 2 product…no such option is there. Jessops does indeed offer a 2 year option at £69 but for some reason states ‘awaiting stock’ on the page?!

1 Like

I thought the 2 year refresh deal was only available if you ordered your drone directly from DJI. Maybe Jessops have got a promotional deal with DJI.

1 Like

My first Mini Refresh just expired a couple of days ago, and a few days (a week?) before, they sent me a couple of emails, notifying me that it would expire soon, with a link for renewal, which I’ve since taken them up on. So that’s how you get 2 years total. I suppose Jessops might bundle them together with automatic renewal, or is that their own coverage they’re offering?

1 Like

@KarMann DJI advertise a special 2-year price on their website. Jessops appear to be offering the same deal, £69 up front for 2 years

1 Like

Have you got a link for the special 2 year deal on the DJI site? I could only see the option for one year. Thanks.

1 Like

I asked the same question when I bought my Mini 2. I even purchased the Jessops 2 year plan.

Jessops had to refund me after I contacted them when it was getting close to the end of my 48hr activation time frame. Was wondering why it wasn’t an instant delivery by email. They said this was an error and they didn’t have any codes. Surprised they still have it up for sale.

I was advised by fellow members that you get an option to extend your 1 year plan towards the end of it. Should receive an email from DJI offering the extension.

2 Likes

You can only get it with the drone, not available if you buy elsewhere. Incentive to buy direct.

1 Like

Thanks, that makes sense but personally I don’t see how DJI consider waiting for the item to be shipped from China makes it that much of an incentive. Rhetorical question but to my mind. as long as you are buying a DJI product from an authorised UK re-seller, why not give the buyer the same Care Refresh opportunity?? Ho hum.

1 Like

Because DJI don’t make as much profit through a dealer as they do direct so they offer a price deal on an extra to encourage you to buy from them.

2 Likes

If I remember when I bought my mavic air 2 I was going to get refresh, but decided to get drone insurance separately as it gave as good if not better cover. I also got my phone included as well.

1 Like

The care and refresh is kind of bundled with the Mini 2. You have to purchase it within 48 hours of activating the drone and you will see a splash screen on the dji fly app prompting you to purchase it. If you purchase it from a retailer you will get a code from the retailer. You enter that code in the dji fly app. If you purchase it directly from dji you don’t need the code. Either way it has to be purchases 48 hours after first activation. I got my drone from XCurrys and then got the care and refresh from dji.

1 Like

Key points of Care Refresh;

It’s tied to the drone. Upgrade to the Maxi-Min-3 in a years time and sell your Mini 2, refresh goes with the Mini 2 and you buy anew for the Maxi-Min-3.

Only time it can be transferred is if you get a Refresh or warranty replacement.

In nearly all cases, DJI need the drone for a Refresh replacement. Only when the logs prove DJI hardware or software is at fault will they refresh without the old drone.

This leads me on to water, the Minis have a special attraction to it. Lose the drone in water and can’t recover, no refresh claim. Lost it anywhere and can’t get it back, no refresh.

For a year with the Mini, I had refresh & FPVUK membership. I now have coverdrone with the Mini 2. I live on the coast, lots of beautiful River scenery around me. I judged insurance better than refresh for me.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity whats a yearly premium and excess on an M2, I’d have thought the cost of replacement being so ‘cheap’ its not worth it.

1 Like

Coverdale charge an extra £160 for loss and damage.

1 Like

I thought the excess was £100

1 Like

Thanks guys. I think I’ll start off with the one year cover £45 I think it is.
I know you still have to shell out some further notes if you claim.

If you renew after a year does the cover extend to covering the drone if it just develops a fault?

I watched a YouTube vid the other week of a drone that had a little bouy fastened to its leg. So if it ditched. The bouy on a 30 ft line I think it was floated up to the surface. So you could pull it back up. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Beware adding anything to the Mini, if it takes the take-off weight to 250gm or more then you’re in a different set of rules. The Mini 2 is actually lighter than the advertised 249gm so you can add a strobe or even this and still be under 250gm.

1 Like

Just got a quote from coverdrone for £49. This covers public liability and cover for damage or loss to the drone. Excess is £100. But you have to pay to get the drone fixed with dji cover. So I think I’ll go for it with coverdrone
They are based in crewe Cheshire as well
next town to me.