Castlefield, Manchester - Added to Rivers and Canals in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

This is a fascinating area of Manchester with lots of historic and modern architecture and infrastructure, and great views of the city centre.

I've used two take-off-and-landing points:

This is a quite little path down from the main street, nobody else was there for the duration of two flights. I would not use this location late at night as it is unlit and anti-social behaviour could be expected.

This is a canal-side path with benches for seating. It is close to a number of businesses and may only be practical at quiet times. I used it late on a quiet evening and was not approached at all.

Hazards: this is often a busy area for pedestrians. Note that many of the boats on the canal are used as homes, and there are several businesses and domestic buildings in close proximity. There can also be bird-life (seagulls and geese while I was there).

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 14/06/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

6 Likes

As always @kvetner thank you for adding another location to DroneScene

1 Like

Was this all with the mini 2?

Of so there is no need for a Mavic air 2!

I’ve only flown here with a DJI Mini 2. Flying a larger drone would be very difficult without an Operational Authorisation.

2 Likes

This looks amazing!

Very close destination to where I am living.

I would like to plan a flight there as well.

1 Like