Cetus X Battery Problem

I bought a Cetus X FPV Kit back in October along with 4 extra batteries, giving me a total of 8 batteries (BT2.0 450mAh 1S 30C). I’ve flown it around 6 times since then and during that time 5 of the eight batteries have died and show no voltage display when testing in the supplied charger.

I have just emailed BetaFPV and am awaiting a reply but wondered if anyone else had experienced anything similar? Any recommendations for alternative batteries would be welcome, I’m reluctant to order more of the BetaFPV batteries for obvious reasons!

Thanks in advance.

Can always try these?

https://amzn.eu/d/6M64qtq

Tattu are pretty well known battery brand, you’ll probably be able to find them cheaper if you look around.

1s cells are notoriously bad and tend to fail quite a bit and most companies have a policy in place to exempt batteries from any form of warranty.

How did you leave the batteries after you flew ?

Also a few alternatives here:

https://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/search?q=1s+lipo&cid=0&mid=0&advs=false&isc=false&sid=false

Thanks, I’ll check them out. It looks as though Amazon don’t have the 450mah though.

Hi. I left them uncharged (at about 3.7 ish volts I think) in the pocket of the case supplied by BetaFPV. They were fully charged the night before (4. something v).

I’ll read through that guide, thanks.

Thanks. Will a PH2 connector work OK? The BetaFPV batteries are BT2. Cheers.

I just copied your original post. And no PH2 and BT2 are different connectors.

The Tattu batteries would fit the bill. I’ll look out for some 450mah. Thanks.

The mah of the battery isn’t that important to get an exact match, you might find the 300mah batteries preform better. it’s a trade off

the 450mah will be heavier so the quad will have to work harder to keep it in the air.

The 300mah will be lighter and the quad won’t need to work as hard to keep it in the air the 2 scenarios will cancel each other out and probably give you around the same amount of flight time :+1:t2:

Cheers. I thought that the 300mah would reduce the flight time significantly. I’ll give them a try, at the moment I have 5 of the 450mah batteries that are giving me zero flight time!

1 Like

It will probably give you slightly reduced flight time, but the drone won’t be lifting the extra few grams of the 450mah so won’t need to use as much power so will be a slower power drain. I’d guess the difference will be negligible.

I’m going to do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

be worth a shot to get you back in the air :+1:t2: