Chasing Jason

With recreation finally allowed, we headed to our local field just before sundown and I had an absolute hoot chasing @Jase_MK - with him flying a really sweet FliteTest Spear and me chasing with the Nazgul5. This is the first real time I’ve tried chasing something from FPV. Was super cool and want to do an awful lot more of this as weather and lockdowns allow!

15 Likes

Great Video great flying by both of you’s :+1:

4 Likes

Love the contrast of the light here.

Can you catch him in your next video :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yes! Brilliant fun!

I was a little hesitant of distance from home in the wing as it has a crappy old FLySky receiver that was giving me telemetry warnings not that far out. I have a spare TBS Tracer receiver here so I’m going to pop that in which should make for some longer chase runs, along the river or similar.

First time I’ve flown a plane since last autumn-ish so I was a bit nervous and rusty but thoroughly loving it by the end. Bring on the spring/summer :+1:

4 Likes

Is that Bury Field, NP? I’m Stony based and have been recommended flying there. I’ve heard that it gets a bit busy with dog walkers. Avoid Sunday afternoons?
Cheers, JT.

2 Likes

Good spot :grin: Yup, is Bury Field - our first outing over there in many months. The weekends do get v. busy, after 9am there are always a fair number of people around.

That said, I’ve never had anything but polite, nice interactions there - I’ve even had dog walkers return a downed drone to me on a couple of occasions! I suspect because people know it’s an ‘official’ flying area they expect it more and are largely ok with it.

Hopefully bump into you there at some point as the weather improves!

Nice one :grin:

1 Like

Was it still sweet after the crash?
Great video

1 Like

Yeah, it’s fine. LIttle dent in the foamboard aileron but that’s all. I barely noticed anything had happened to be honest, a slight wobble in the video and I just carried on.

1 Like