Chatelherault Lodge, Hamilton

Staying local, I nipped out to the local country at dusk hoping for some night shots of Chatelherault Lodge, but with clear skies there was still a lot of light about almost 2 hours after sunset.
This M2P shot was taken about 45mins after sunset. The 1.6sec exposure has made it look a lot brighter than it actually was, in fact it was dark enough for me to drop a joystick and lose it in the dark. 1.6sec @ f4 I’m still amazed that a flying drone can give you a sharp image with such a slow shutter speed. I’ve had tripods that weren’t that steady.

Also shot some images on my Nikon Z6. The first one was taken about 20mins after sunset, but again still a lot of light about. 1/4sec @ f10 4 image pano.

This last photo is an HDR of 4 long exposures of 2secs, 5secs, 10secs and 20secs. The blue flood lights didn’t really look that bright to look at, in fact it was pretty dark by this point, but the long exposures really brought out the detail on the building.

19 Likes

As always fantastic photos John! But I have to say that last image is absolutely beautiful :heart_eyes: The amount of detail is amazing and the lighting gives it a haunting feel. The starry sky with the clouds as a backdrop just finish it off perfectly :clap:t2:

2 Likes

Some pretty amazing pictures John. I totally agree with Steve, that last photo is stunning. Very atmospheric.

1 Like

Beautiful photographs and thank you for putting in the details of the camera type and exposures etc. Such information is very useful and I wish more posts had the same.

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

@SirGunner @CSB73 & @Rockeyes thanks for your comments guys, much appreciated. I have to agree, the last image is my favourite too. It made standing for two hours in the cold well worthwhile.

2 Likes

Cheers John :+1:

1 Like

Terrific images. I never thought an old building could look so interesting :slight_smile:

1 Like

The last shot is amazing… very haunted house feel to it :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like