Checking in from South Wales

Just joined the group so just wanted to say “Hello” to you all. Whist not new to RC ( I raced 1/4 scale cars for several years ) I am a complete Drone virgin having popped my cherry just a few weeks ago when I got my hands on a Mavic 2 Zoom. Being retired, I have plenty of time to fly - just wish the weather would be a little kinder. Whilst the drone is no more expensive than the 1/4 scale cars I used to race, launching into a gusty wind and hoping it returns home has already given me some sphincter tightening experiences :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Welcome. I’m new here too, and have so far found all to be friendly.
There’s a wealth of knowledge on here so just ask.

2 Likes

Hi John / @Jhdee , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

An ever increasing number of our members also own an M2Z… so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Guys

I’m based in Caerwent, maybe we can arrange a meet up sometime ?

Regards

Stuart

:wink::+1:

Many thanks for the info. I’ve added my location to the map - thanks :+1::+1:

1 Like

Hello and welcome from sunny Cardiff.

That sounds like a good idea Stuart. I’m located in Gorseinon and very new to the drone scene so need all the help I can get :smile: I’m sure we can sort something out :+1:

Thank you very much. Its good to know there are some members on my doorstep. Looking forward to taking part in the group and hopefully learning something along the way without becoming too much of a pain with my noobie questions :joy::joy:

We all have had to learn at some point so don’t be afraid to ask.
There are plenty of knowledgeable people on here that can answer all your questions.

I’ve not been out flying for about two months, I have another project on the go at the moment and can’t fit everything in so something has to give, I do hope to get out again soon though.

Bore da @Jhdee (and don’t worry, that’s my Welsh pretty much exhausted) …

Welcome aboard. Only been here a couple of weeks myself and am based in “sunny” Bridgend. I hear that about the weather but if my little Mavic Air can cope with 25mph winds and gusts to 35 or so then I’m certain the bigger M2P can as well.

Hi @stubbyd @Jhdee

Bridgend is a good place to meet up, we could use the common to fly

Regards

Stuart

1 Like

Welcome to the game of drones, oh wrong thread :rofl:

Welcome anyway and enjoy :wave:

1 Like

Welcome John :wave:

Hi John, George here from (currently still sunny albeit a tad breezy) Northumberland. Likewise only recently joined but seem a friendly/knowledgeable bunch :wink:. As well as my MavicAir I also have an FTX Outlaw 1/10 scale 4WD - probably a toy compared to your 1/4 kit - but I like it, and it’s good for whizzing around the garden/fields (esp. with the action am I clip onto the top) when wind precludes droning :smiley:. Hope you enjoy your stay

Hi stubbyd- I’m sure the M2P can cope with most things - its me that’s the problem :joy:

I hear that … me, I’ll fly out across ponds, lakes, the sea no worries. That or get some very boring images :slight_smile:

Anyway - I’m sure it will come with some confidence in the beast and how it handles.

@AboveAndBeyondMedia or head down the coast for more interesting footage.

2 Likes

Hi John welcome to our madhouse
What happens in madhouse stays in the madhouse

1 Like

We have to be careful of Cardiff airport and St Athans NFZ now theyve been extended

1 Like