Cheddar Gorge Sunrise

5:30 start this morning with @bmturl up at cheddar Gorge.

16 Likes

These are bloody gorge…ous mate :grin: Nice early start this morning. Getting harder to get out of bed now the weathers starting to turn. Looks like it was well worth the effort :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks Steve, yeah it was difficult but well worth it. We climbed to to very top (lungs hanging out our asses) and was just blown away with the views. Lived here all my life and this is the first time I’ve climbed it. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah its easy to forget the effort it sometimes takes to get these amazing shots but like you say its well worth it when you get the result you’re after :+1:t2:

1 Like

6 Likes

5 Likes

Great shots @Bmturl you guys have some beautiful scenery around there :+1:t2:

2 Likes

You got some great shots there Steve. It looks like it was well worth the effort of the early start.

1 Like

Great photos. Well worth an early morning

1 Like

Superb pics :+1:t2: Getting up early is always worth it when you get light like that :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Which side of the gorge did you launch from?

2 Likes

Driving up to the top and we climbed up on the right hand side :ok_hand:

1 Like

Park here then climb the path opposite.

1 Like

Thanks @McSteamy2010. I live nearby but as a new drone owner still trying to locate those few places to legitimately fly from!

1 Like

Hi KingoftheHill,
This is where I’ve parked and as McSteamy says, you can walk up the NT trail on the RHS,

better to get there very early or last thing, but be prepared to be challenged by dogwalkers, I had one very irate lady saying what I was doing was illegal, despite the conversations I had with her, but generally, most people want to see what your doing and like to see the video shots.

1 Like

This one, it’s quite a challenging climb but worth it. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Good morning McSteamy2010
I haven’t tried that one, must give it a go soon :smile:

1 Like

is this the same trail? taken from google maps

This is the Cliff Top walkway, I have done this one before and yes, its a bit of a challenging climb :thinking:

1 Like

Great shot of the Gorge and Cheddar Reservoir :smile:

1 Like

I do like the video showing the whole view becoming a fish eye view :smile:

1 Like