Cinewoop as my first drone?

Unfortunately that’s quite far from me, about a 4 hour drive. I’m assuming you are located there?

Im not located there, I live in Kent but fly there sometimes. 4hrs? Where in south london are you?

I’m from a place called penge. It’s relatively near croydon

1 Like

Ah thats about a 30-40min drive depending on traffic. Do you drive?

1 Like

Oh! I must have spelt something wrong haha. Yea I got my liscence and first car this year

There is an old disused golf course just across the road from Knockholt train station that I fly at some times. Its quite popular with other fpv pilots too. If you want to meet up there sometime to see some quads flying and talk to other pilots I can let you know next time Im going up there? Will normally be a sunday so parking is free along the main road

1 Like

For sure! I need to get to know some droneheads, so I’m up for it. I won’t be able to come just yet since I’m a bit busy at the moment but I’ll shoot you a message when I’m about :+1:

No worries I wont be able to go for at least a couple weeks anyway but let me know when you can go and we can sort something out👍🏻

Thanks! I’ll have a little look into analog transmitters, Sims and tinywhoops now :grin:

Cool good luck and dont forget you can post questions on the forum before you buy anything so people can give you advice on what works with what etc. There is a whole fpv category that you can have a read through too so you can see what youre getting yourself into before you disappear down the rabbit hole of fpv :laughing:

1 Like

Definitely, this community seems extremely helpful, and I’ll be sure to check out the different topics. I appreciate all the help you have given me :grin:

Sorry, I went to bed early. I’d go for analogue goggles with hdmi in so they will be digital compatible (hdzero, and walksnail said they’ll bring out a module for them).
I started on a snapper6 whoop. It was good fun, but you’ll soon move up to 5" quads.
As the others have said, its an expensive hobby, especially at the moment.
I can probably make Croydon end of August or start of sept if you guys are still meeting up

1 Like

For a simple setup to try whether you get on with it, you could do a lot worse than this one:

(when it’s back in stock, perennial problem in this hobby at the moment)

It fits the size bill, and the goggles can be repurposed as a second (analogue) receiver screen when you upgrade to better goggles.

On the TX, I’d second the Zorro, it’s a great little controller and well priced. I fly with one and my kids fly with one too. You have options too, if you get the multiprotocol 4 in 1 version, it can also control the quad above, although I’d recommend getting the ELRS version personally, and look at standardising using ELRS as your control link across all quads (after the one above), but you could also get a 4 in 1 Zorro and add an ELRS module later and use the Zorro to fly the Emax quad, and for sims. Sims are a great way to get to grips with a controller without crashing too much to begin with. I use Liftoff on Steam but there are others as has been said.

No worries, and yes I think analog is the way to go, at the start at least.
snapper6 looks good, I’ll have to make a shortlist of frones. do you think it will be a better choice over the Tinyhawk 1/2?
Meeting up sounds good, I can come further out than Croydon if it’s more convenient

The tinyhawks are good as well as the mobula 6 / 7. You’ll want one that’s 2s compatible for more power I’d suggest. All these whoops are ok to learn on. But you’ll get bored and go bigger, so thrash em to learn.

I’ll be working in Croydon for a morning thats why I said though :grin: I don’t go to London if I can help it.

If you get goggles, look after them and they’ll sell on if you upgrade

1 Like

Thanks this is helpful, I’ll consider this kit. Would it be better to purchase a T jumper lite, and EV800D goggles, so when I need to upgrade my drone I can reuse both the goggles and controller? I was thinking of getting a Tinyhawk 1 or 2.
Also I have heard of the Zorro and it looks like a great controller choice.
I’ve had a look at Sims and I’ll definitely purchase a controlled first to practice on a sim :+1:
Maybe I am wrong though, the Emax kit looks more cost effective, but if I ever wanted to upgrade I would have to spend more money in the long run right?
Thanks

Oh ok, silly question probably but what is 2s compatible?

Ah sorry. Its just the battery (lipo). They come in 1s up to 6s.
1s is 4.2 volts, 2s 8.4 volts etc.
The whoop will be compatible for a voltage range, so they say 1-2s etc.
A 2s whoop will fly much better as there is more juice.

1 Like

Ah I see, thanks it makes sense now :bulb:. So the voltage or ‘s’ will be in the specs of the drone I’m assuming.
And sorry for bombarding you with questions, but how do I know if the controller, goggles and drone are compatible with eachother?

Personally, I’d prefer the Zorro over the Jumper lite, I think it’s more futureproof.

The only benefit of the EV800D over the goggles in the kit is the built in DVR, but they are similar in terms of display as far as I know, I have a pair of EV800Ds and my kids use them primarily now.

The kit I linked to uses Frsky D8 so you can use a multiprotocol Zorro or a Multiprotocol Jumper Lite as an upgraded controller to control the actual drone, you can use the Emax goggles for most analogue drones, just check it can handle the same channels. I’d only recommend the EV800D if recording footage is important to you, and I found that the footage for the first while wasn’t worth keeping as you crash more than you fly initially.