Class D airspace?

I am looking into it. Has anyone used fly Icarus or UAV Academy

1 Like

I didnā€™t. I used UAV8 and they were excellent.

They sound like a right bunch of W*****rs if they cannot provide you with simple information such as this !.
I agree with Lee, ditch them, ask for a refund if they cannot steer you in the correct direction to get your PfCO.
Sounds like all they want is your money, then let you run after them for everything you require, not a Company I would want to deal with !.
Not good !.

Hi James
I used Icarus, went on the classroom based version.
It was excellent, the online pre-learning was very good quality and up to date.
They are very quick to respond to enquiries and the owner has a YouTube channel that he updates very regularly.
I went on the Pro version of the course, cost was Ā£750, think I got another Ā£50 off for subscribing to something or other.
Link to YouTube channel below, give me a shout if you need to know anything else

https://youtu.be/UADUBef6w94

1 Like

@Jel1983 / James

I am a bit worried for you that your provider is not pushing this information to you, rather than you having to ask. CAP1736 is a major update for SUA pilots and integral to PfCOs as well as hobby fliers.

As I said previously, they may provide some information at different stages but CAP1736 is at the core.

Iā€™ve decided to go with another NQE.

Going on the online version.

1 Like

Good luck and donā€™t forget that members of GADC get discounts with a number of PfCO providers https://greyarro.ws/c/members-only

1 Like

Thanks

That link says itā€™s not working

2 Likes

Thatā€™s because you are not a Full Member (yet)
Only Full Members have access to the area.

Have a quick read mate: FAQ - Grey Arrows Drone Club UK

2 Likes

James, you were asking about flying in Class D airspace and this video just popped in to my inbox this afternoon.
Hopefully it might explain a bit more
Cheers
https://youtu.be/RZxPoSnXUbs

3 Likes

This is an awesome video. And my new NQE is brilliant

1 Like

Care to enlighten everyone as to who it is? :blush:

2 Likes

Got you guessing ?

Thatā€™s how I like it

I am now with Fly ICARUS

1 Like

Good choice James

Did you go with them?

1 Like

Yes, they were excellent.
Even after Completing the course they provide unlimited support and are happy to assist with enquiries, really professional company. They have brilliant reviews online at TrustPilot etc

That is reassuring. Thank you to everyone who helped with the class D.

Matt Williams (founder of Icarus) dropped a video on Mr MPW YouTube channel & said exactly what all you said you donā€™t need permission but it is advisable to ring ATC and say hey look I am gonna be flying here on such and such date and time. Someone then commented and said they rang about flying in Richmond park which is class D and they said thank you for ringing but you donā€™t have to.

Now here is a funny question anything that occupies the air that is not fixed to the earth if you are in FRZ you need ATC permission so technically speaking if you throw a frisbee or a paper plane in your back garden and you happen to be in a FRZ you need permission. That is if you go absolutely by the book.(I even read this)

I have just realised you are the one who told me about the video

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like