Complete novice from sunny Morecambe

Hi everyone, I see there’s a decent Lancashire contingent and even a local hanging out here. New to the drone world with a Mavic Mini although I have been allowed to take control of a cousin’s Phantom 3 once it was well away from any danger. The look on his face at times …

One day the wind in Morecambe will drop long enough for me to have more than 10 minutes flying but so far impressed with the Mini’s stability in what feels like a strong breeze.

Looking forward to better weather and some amazing Morecambe Bay sunsets.

1 Like

Welcome to GADC Brian, grab a tinny, put your feet up and enjoy the banter.

1 Like

Hi Brian / @ToBAS, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

There’s certainly a Lancashire contingent … but decent? Questionable. :laughing:

An ever increasing number of our members also own a Mavic Mini … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Thanks, I’m on the map near @stevesb and my next read is dronescene. Taking the time to learn the controls, reading the forum and avoiding the sensationalist YouTube videos.

1 Like

@ToBAS hi buddy and welcome. As you know we get some great sunsets and rises here. Check out my drone FB page Kestrel Aerial - Home | Facebook
Have a browse you will see some of what I’ve captured with the mavic 2s.
Once the weather picks up if you want to meet up that would be great.

2 Likes

I’ll take you up in that Steve, thanks.

Brian.

Welcome Brian.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @ToBAS

1 Like