Contact details in the event of lost drone

Just name and mobile on mine … end of MP battery, and end of battery housing. #Dymo

1 Like

Must confess , i don,t have details ON the drone,but do have a TXT file on the sd card,with email addy and phone number, and a Reward if found message.

I prefer to have it where the casual finder can see it. Some old biddy out dog walking probably has no idea what an SD Card is, let alone how to read a txt. :wink:

1 Like

Very true,i will change that,if and when i register :wink:

1 Like

How much, exactly? More than I could sell it for? :grinning:

I saw what you did there!:rofl:

2 Likes

I think I will take a photo of my details and leave it in the onboard memory. That’s where I found the previous owners photos.

2 Likes

It could become a new version of a chain letter … add your details and return for a refund. :wink:

1 Like

That would depend entirely on which camera was attached at the time :blush:

Promoted exclusively by Drones Direct :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Some bloody Countries (from what I remember), insist it’s on a Engraved Metal Plate, Germany is one.

1 Like

They would!

Print out and laminate an A4 sheet with all your details and make:

• Take photograph of me holding up contact details

a part of your takeoff procedure. That way you never need to worry about formatting the card :wink:

2 Likes

Not quite sure I understand that, but I’ll try!

2 Likes

I found a German website that will make up metal laser engraved nano plates to stick on your drone, they look really smart actually.

Not sure I’d want to SCREW them to my drone though !. Fuck that !
In Germany they have to withstand the drone catching fire, which means glue would be no good.

This was the site I found no need to be screwed on, they use a 3M glue tape and they are also fire resistant. I guess it meets the German requirement for tagging your drone.

Drone-Label / Drone-Tag [ nano ]

2 Likes

On my Mavic Pro, I had some vinyl printed labels made that covered the top of my battery with name address, tel no and reward offered. Looked neat and professional.

I have held off with my M2P in anticipation of requirements for the CAA’s registration number lettering standards. That said I’m not sure how they can set requirements as most racing quads have almost no surface area to print a registration number, especially the sub 5" smaller ones. Certainly not large enough to see while in flight.

Don’t fly beyond VLOS and you will not need any contact details on the drone.

1 Like

Large forests can exist within that distance.