Cooling tower demolition

Apologies night shift has been busy.

Have a look along Sutton Lane or Birkin Lane (to the East of the plant).

*just on the edge of the NFZ. The whole area is very flat, and as per my video at the top of the thread even from 1.2km away its almost filling the full frame

1 Like

Where did you park

I parked on a friends land, a bit further away but the whole area is quiet, perhaps check out the following , looks quiet enough if not there are a few tractor access areas along that lane that would do

This 3 word address refers to an exact 3m x 3m location. Tap the link or enter the 3 words into the free what3words app to find it.

Ok thanks

1 Like

The towers coming down …

I might be better of flying from here

Four towers at the landmark Ferrybridge Power Station are to be demolished this weekend.

The ‘blowdown’ of four of the defunct coal power station’s remaining seven towers is expected to take place on Sunday morning.

Approximately 140 homes will be evacuated and a 300-metre exclusion zone will be set up around the site of power station, near Knottingley.

Roads will be closed and parking will be restricted in the surrounding area while a no-fly zone will be enforced, extending to drones as well as planes and helicopters.

There is drone footage of the last tower coming down, take my hat off to the demo teams :astonished: