Could someone 3D print something for me please?

this very forum :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks Deano, I’ll give that post a try :beers:

:point_up: Moved here to keep it nice and tidy (and give the post a bump too)

2 Likes

Try these, I’ve had one print off them once in ABS which was more or less perfect.

Carbon-SLS for a functional part. £36.52
with VAT £48.82

My printer is estimating 61/2 hours to print…

1 Like

Thanks I’ll give them a try.

It’s working out quite expensive, £52 per shelf of which I need five!

I read the author’s comments about the material he used which is PLA, which is the cheaper end of printing materials.

Try other sites for quotes in PLA, or maybe someone on here with spare time and PLA they need to use up.
Unfortunately the bigger and denser the parts get the more expensive they are to print nowadays.

1 Like

Thanks.

Even if it was half that current cost it would be more for the brackets than the cost of the actual shelve units.

Suspect I need to find an alternative method.

I can’t view the files at the moment so a basic question
What are the dimensions?

Hi Steve,

They’re 121x15x18mm. There’s two versions of the item, left & right hand quantity would be 10 of each.

Let me do you one in PLA and PETG so you can judge the quality
I’ll try to set it up tonight :+1:

1 Like

Wow, thank you Steve !

1 Like

@JonD I’d have done it for you but 30 hours of printing and low on PLA, my printer setup is too slow to baby sit for more than an hour, just don’t trust any printer to leave it alone while I’m away…

Happy to print things for anyone that are no more than an hour to print apart from my own crap…

@Steviegeek is the man…

1 Like

Thanks for looking into it Njoro, much appreciated.

I have zero knowledge or experience with 3D printing, so I have no way of gauging what is involved.

I have found these as an alternative, still quite pricey but a lot cheaper than the quote I’ve had.

Ikea Ivar Shelf Brackets - Etsy UKBrackets

Left hand side, in Black PLA
A right hand side is printing overnight
How does it looked compared to the quality you are requiring ?

1 Like

1 Like

They look fine Steve.

What are they like in there of their robustness? Are they pretty solid, no flex etc?

I imagine if there was any to a degree, once they’re mounted against something that would add strength to them.

The other hand printed the same overnight.
They are very solid, no flex or twist at all, it’s a good structural design.
I printed at 40% infill, layer height 0.2mm on an Ender3 S1 Direct Drive
Although I said I’d try in PETG as well, these have come out so well at these settings I see little point in doing that, cosmetically they would look virtually the same anyway.

There is not much point posting these to you ATM as Royal Mail on strike 30th & 1st.
I could print a few more in the meantime.
Being as these aren’t ‘flying’ parts and it’s quite a bit of time involved I think I ought to make a small charge, how does £4.50 per pair sound to you?

Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@JonD

Hi,
As today is the last day of the postal strike I’ll post you out two pairs for appraisal.
Please check them for satisfactory quality and dimensional accuracy as some 3D printer/model combinations need the scale %'age tweaking a bit. In other words are they fit for purpose?

Once you confirm that I’ll continue to print the full quantity
Please send your postal address by DM

Thank you
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@JonD

Hi,
I don’t know what is going on with our bloody Royal Mail but I put your parcel into Nuneaton delivery office on the 2nd. and according to tracking it’s not moved since.
I don’t know what your importance/timescale is, but I do have more printed if you want me to send by DHL or DPD etc.
Let me know please :smile:

1 Like