Could someone 3D print something for me please?

I use my late mum’s recipe which has a good squeeze of honey and sugar in, eating it with a squeeze of honey and fresh lemon….:kissing_heart:

1 Like

The print is out of the fridge now….:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Here’s the failed release from the bed, PETG will stick to the point it’ll pull up chunks of glass bed.

This failure was due to having changed the print bed to nozzle gap by 0.01mm and a 3C over temperature for the bed. I completely missed this in the profile before printing.

Drop me a DM with your address, l’ll post Monday or Tuesday.

1 Like

Staring a new toothpick project and need a few things printed out. Could someone help out with printing them out in TPU please (will cover printing/shipping costs)?

The parts need are: 1 canopy, 1 adapter plate, 4 spacers, 4 adapters (pics bellow). Stl files on dropbox here

thx

I’ll print for you, I take the main body in TPU and the rest PLA? or do you want the body in PLA as well?

1 Like

Tks Njoro… Good question lol. Which is lighter?

The only one I’m sure of is the canopy, which would be in TPU for sure. The others I’m not sure if tpu or pla would be better…

The other bits I’ll print PLA+ which I think is strong enough… I’ll hit the printer a little later on when I get back.

Sounds good to me… Thank you!

“Just one to print tomorrow”…

Thats looking great man… thx for that.

Could I bother you to print an aditional part in TPU as well please (2 prints of the same). Its a small one, its a very crude design I did based of something else and I don’t know if I did it right (first time doing this and I only used shapes to build it lol). Also not sure if dimensions are ok or not for TPU, if not, and it is for PLA, then it an be done on PLA.

I added the file to the link I shared before, its the LipoSpacer one.

cheers

1 Like

I’ve had a look at the lipo spacer which has some weak points, I’d add fillets to it but I’d need to know how it’s mounted or does use rubber bands.

Hi Njoro,

I dropped a slightly refined version on the link (LipoSpaceV2). But its basically the same as the other…

This just sits on place, the battery, which is being held down by rubber bands, is what holds it in place. For reference, this is where I got it from Crux 3 LiPo/Battery Spacer by Mo_Labs - Thingiverse . Basically, looking at the picture, the frame goes on top and the battery under it.
The reason I created my version is bc I wanted a flat top to lay the battery on (I don’t have the skills yet to modify that on the original piece)

It looks like you’ve got the rubber band hooks the wrong way around…

I can remaster your design without the rails which are not necessary, I get they are supposed to provide cooling but a 8-10 min flight? or I’ll print the other from TPU but to keep it light and strong I’ll have to print it at different infill densities.

Did you say you want 2?

Hi Njoro,

This is just a plate to put between the frame and the Lipo, instead of the usual sticky rubber mat. My version is an inverted design from the original, the rails are a must to fit on the frame properly and have some sort of natural hold if you will. The Lipo then goes on top of the flat surface (of my version), which will be facing outwards, the only thing holding it all is a rubber band that is already placed on the done frame.
If you look below, all I’m doing is inverting the groove on the red line and having a flat surface there.

I read some tutorials on thinkercad and was able to do the modification on top of the original. V3 is on the drive now, it should be good to go now. I’ve added a vertical version of the design as well since the original was like this, not sure if that would make any difference, but its there for reference.

I think the picture below should be more clear of how this fits the frame. :wink:

That’s cleared the fog a bit, so here’s your one with a bit of tweaking, I’ve remove the sharp edges and filleted the weak points.
If your happy I’ll print it now… :grin:

The other type has just finished printing…

Nice, looking good. But you didn’t have to go through the trouble of printing the original ones too…tks anyway

Did you see version V3 I put on the drive? I think That might be more sturdy than my previous version. Might be better to print those instead?

But then again, since you printed those already, I’m happy to just have them , no need to print more (unless you already started with it :smiley: )

1 Like

LipoSpacer ?

1 Like

LipoSpacerV3 or LipoSpacerV3-vertical

No, the link above with all the other bits has only “LipoSpacer” dated 18th