Councils that Allow/Do not allow the use of drones on public land

Hello,

I am new to this forum, and i am searching long and hard to places to legally fly (take off and land, not the drone code.) This is proving difficult however i have been somewhat successful. Bellow is a list of councils that allow the use of drones, and a list that does not. These are only my surrounding areas so if you know of more please leave them in the comments with links and hopefully people find this useful.

Allowed:

Fareham: Guidance on the use of drones

Not Allowed:

Angus Council
Crawley Council

Any more would be greatly appreciated and I will add them to the list, preferably allowed.

2 Likes

Suffolk Council have banned drones from ALL public places :rage::pensive::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::pleading_face::exploding_head:

2 Likes

Nice work!

It would be an awesome feature to get this added to Drone Scene to know which parks we can and can’t fly in.

1 Like

Bolton council dont mind and seam to allow drone flying in public parks

3 Likes
  • You should have permission from the landowner if you are flying a drone over land you do not own

Before you fly a drone you must:

• Have the necessary insurance in case of accident, personal injury or damage to property

I would disagree with these two points for non commercial pilots.

2 Likes

Bournemouth allow but with certain restrictions as on this page

https://www.bournemouth.gov.uk/Parks/ThingstoDo/flyingmodelaircraft-and-drones.aspx

2 Likes

Bristol council allow as far as ive researched

1. The downs
  2. Blaise castle estate
    3.hengrove park
  3. Dundridge park

You have to be a member of the BMFA
Regestered with caa and have liability insurance

1 Like

Got any links you can share with that info @Si_jjrcx11 ?

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/museums-parks-sports-culture/what-you-can-do-in-our-parks

Didnt know how to edit my post :cry:

Thanks for the links :+1:t2:

Basingstoke and Deane have bylaws that prohibit the flying of model aircraft, including drones, from just about any open space they own! If you want full details search “flying model aircraft” on the council website.

1 Like

Below is a reply from Bolton Council

We don’t give permission for drones or model aircraft to be flown on any of our sites other than the designated flying field at Moses Gate Country Park , accessible from Hacken Bridge Rd, Darcy Lever.

1 Like

In Oxfordshire the council don’t even know which land they own or don’t own.

It’s utterly hilarious - they tried to move a load of narrow boats from one place thinking it was there land but it turned out it was private land and the boats had permission to be there. Nice use of tax payer money ? I think it :man_facepalming:t2:

Councils are mostly foolish people working for more foolish muppets - if you stand up to them with good knowledge they’ll just cower away to their tassimo machine - lol

1 Like

How about if the model aircraft has no camera and only weighs in at 50grams?

That will confuse the brainless morons :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ive never had a problem , near me. I just fly responsibly. I choose a time when its not busy and have never had a complaint

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

I didn’t know there was a dedicated flying field there.

Next NW meet up location? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hi Sierra1 - I’m from Basingstoke area and was looking for places to fly. I’ll check out the B&D council website as you suggested but looks ominous. Assuming you are frim the area, are there any places you fly that you have not had issues and are o.k, free from housing etc. Thanks.