Crackly noise and no lights on the board

i updated the firmware on friday and i had light a bootting noise and i was going to bind my controller up tonight and set the motors and i plug in my battery and i heard a crackly noise for about half a second and now when i plug the battery in for the second time no light are coming on at all is the board dead please

Hi @Big-D, can you give any more details on the type of drone you’re having issues with?

Can you provide a detailed list of the parts you have used to build your quad. Can you then provide pictures of the build.

I suspect (but can’t prove it) that you have a dead short and when you plugged in the battery you burned something out.

But to be able to provide any real help we will need to know what parts you have and see pictures of the build…

Why, why, why don’t we use ‘smoke stoppers’ or current limited power supplies for powering up stuff we have just worked on :thinking::thinking:

Does this sound pompous ? Sorry :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s not pompous, but if we are all honest with ourselves isn’t the experience that @Big-D has had something we all have experienced? It’s just growing pains as we learn by experience.

More info needed, Darren, possibly with some pictures of the damage. Hearing a crackle sound when the battery is plugged in can have a 1,000,001 causes, starting with the battery lead being wired back to front.

Nidge.

1 Like

I think i found the problem guys
here is the list of parts first ok

IFLIGHT DC5 HD 5" FPV FRAME FOR DJI AIR UNIT
IFLIGHT SUCCEX-D F7 TWING FC + 50A 4IN1 STACK 2-6S (FOR DJI HD FPV SYSTEM) V2.1
IFLIGHT XING CAMO 2207 2-4S FPV UNIBELL MOTOR 2450KV
Dji Digital FPV Air Unit
DJI Remote Controller (Mode 2)
Dji Digital FPV HD Goggles

1 Like

Glad it’s still alive!

the red light is only on when it is plug in to the computer only

Might need a pic of the esc then if it’s still not working with a lipo

ok cool

And the esc?

That’s the flight controller. The esc is the thing you soldered the motors too

oyes sorry lol
the bit on the end is just glue ok
and ive check the connect which all of him r not touching each other

Just double check that the lipo wires are connecting. Iv’e done dry joints in the past on these because on the heat loss on the pads. The glue might be disguising it.

r right ok thank you i check it tomorrow and did u see the little hole in that black thing forget the name of it do u not what made that then or any ideas so i can check too and thank you all for the help too

and when u dischange your battery how lower do u take them down to please 4s 1800

If there is a hole in a mosfet, its fucked mate.

Storage discharge is to around 3.7 to 3.8v per cell.

that what it is called then is it mosfet

Yeah just a bank of high power transistors to carry the current to the motor. They get hot and they don’t like short circuits.