Crich Stand - Added to Monuments in East Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Also known as the Sherwood Foresters Memorial Tower.
There is a small amount of parking on Plaistow Green Road at the end of the driveway up to the monument.
I have always flown at quiet times to avoid any issues.
It is usually incredibly windy.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 01/09/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

I think someone else mentioned this not so long ago, but there aren’t enough characters in the location title to give it its proper title and a location. I think I managed “Sherwood Foresters Memorial Tower, C” - only 36 characters? Seems a little stingy, but I understand the possible reasons for it.

1 Like

Love the pic with the trig.

That was I :blush:

That’s not mine. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I got back and realised I’d not taken any decent location shots (just the selfie) so I had to nick one off t’Internet.

I’ve flown here too @Earwig :grin:

1 Like

1 Like

It actually has a light in the top, much like a lighthouse. Flashes every 20-30 seconds or so. I used to live in South Wingfield and could see this every night out of the bedroom window :wink::wink:

2 Likes

I’ve just added a new Take Off And Landing marker to this location @Earwig :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve just added a new Parking marker to this location @Earwig :slightly_smiling_face:

I flew here yesterday. Had a really nice chat with the warden who requests everyone asks permission to fly as it is an MOD property. Stunning location but very windy. Would be even better if the sun is out.

Nice video Andy. I’ve grabbed a screenshot as I used to live (roughly where I’ve circled in red )
Could see this out of the bedroom window .

1 Like