Cromer revisited

Thought I’d take a chance on visiting Cromer tonight and trust the BBC’s prediction that there was only a 5% chance of rain.

Managed to get a few shots in with the new toy (DJI OM4), but sadly a light but incessant drizzle put paid to any thoughts of flying.

As a result, I’ve ended up cutting together today’s footage with some drone shots from a previous (sunnier) visit. It’s not difficult to tell which shots are from which visit… :wink:

Any and all comments welcome. I’m really trying to up my game in terms of editing, and this is my first proper go out with the OM4 as well.

3 Likes

Nice work even if the fast forward rolling waves where a bit much at 7am on on Sunday morning lol but I liked it . We are only about 20 mins from Cromer and when I read the title I did think either you where brave or Cromer got a lot better weather than we did in Hevingham lol but a really nice mix of clips there. I’ve not done any editing yet as I lack the knowledge to do it and I haven’t got a pc or laptop that’s good enough to do the job hence I don’t post video but what you done there is great . Fingers crossed summer or even spring arrives in Norfolk soon .

Thanks very much - it was definitely far from optimum flying weather!

As far as hardware goes, all of that was done with an iPad and LumaFusion. I’ve only got a wheezy old laptop here, but the iPad does a good job :+1:

2 Likes

Hi I’m not too sure whether you’re aware but there is a very good app called “Rain Today” this will give you an accurate rain forecast for the next hour. You can use it anywhere, it’s simple to use the main page shows when rain is predicted and the second page show a satellite moving rain cloud view for the next hour. I found it very reliable and very accurate I use it all the time and it’s free

Sounds good will take a look , however in Norfolk for the past few weeks it could be called it’s raining again lol as we have had nothing except high winds or rain or both for ages lol

1 Like

Ive just checked it out, and it’s now earned a place in the “Drone Stuff” folder on my phone :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve been using a combination of UAV Forecast and BBC Weather, but that looks like a handle little app. Cheers for the tip :+1: