Crystalsky Monitor

Hi all, I am a new user of a Crystalsky monitor and have noticed that although not a problem the screen is reflective, has anyone fitted a screen protector/ anti glare film and if so does it help and does the screen easily scratch, I’m sure its probably tough like a mobile phone screen but just thought Id check if I need a screen protector on all the time.

Cheers,
Paul

I haven’t…

But if my memory serves, @Peter did??

However, I may have got that completely wrong :blush:

1 Like

Eh ??
I thought the whole point of the Crystalsky was that it’s super bright and non reflective.

It is super bright and pretty non-reflective but adding a matt screen protector makes it even less reflective and protects the screen so why not stick one on?

I trimmed one of these down ~2mm in from each edge, works a treat.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073JTS9V5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

That’s great and I agree with you 100%. Peter
Thank you for the link I have them ordered already.

1 Like

I don’t know if you have a mount Paul but I have one the following and it’s really good, cheap, rock solid steady, lightweight and packs away really small. I thoroughly recommend it. There are lots of the same type for sale on eBay some even cheaper but this arrived within a week (from China despite saying London). The main part is aluminium and the two aluminium arms fold flat, it’s really strong.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-DJI-Mavic-Pro-Spark-RC-Crystalsky-Monitor-Controller-Bracket-Mount-Holder/192382326935?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

2 Likes

OMERGERD :scream::scream::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
My finger slipped (it does that a lot !!) and it seems I have ordered a CS 7.85” high brightness monitor.
It’s arriving tomorrow… can’t wait.
I also ordered one of the mounts Peter spoke of though I was somewhat annoyed.
I ordered it off eBay having set the location filter to UK only. Thought that would be enough, but no, the listings shown all had the location as Shenzhen though I only saw that after having clicked the ‘Buy it, you know you deserve it’ button.

I am hoping I have a power supply lying around that will do the job.

J
No more purchases No more purchases No more purchases…Oooo I’m sure I need one of those!!!

3 Likes

Congrats, I’m pretty sure you won’t regret it :smiley:

Interesting!

I’m glad it’s not only my eBay profile that has that special button on all drone related items :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks. I don’t think I will either. The thing is at 100% brightness the iPad battery drains quite fast and I would just prefer a dedicated monitor rather that carting my iPad with me.

J

Just a little tip. When you open the box, there is a thin foam sheet covering the screen. If you put some elastic bands round it, it makes a perfect protective cover for storing it in your bag.
#pingspike do I get a badge for this, (best suggestion of the week badge)?

3 Likes

@Rafter Thanks for the great tip

J

Can anyone tell me about the plug that goes into the CS charging hub?
Is it a standard inner positive outer negative arrangement?
Also what amperage does the power brick need to output if just charging the CS batteries?

Thanks muchly

J

1 Like

DJI don’t seem to print polarity on the chargers.

You can see it on this aftermarket P3 one though, and its 3.3A, centre pin positive.

Can’t see it drawing anymore than 2 amps with a CS though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KFD-Professional-Advanced-Quadcopter-Remote-Control/dp/B01GYILJ3I#immersive-view_1535480139619

Typical !!
So my CS is due to arrive today and I have been up since the crack of dawn looking out the window for the delivery van every 5 minutes like a lost puppy.

I track and re-track the parcel delivery wesite looking for an update while thinking any minute now it’ll arrive and I will be rewarded with a veritable flood of endorphins.

Text message duly arrives to kindly inform that delivery is estimated to be at 19:30.

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaagh !!!

Is it just me that seems to ALWAYS be the last, last…LAST stop on the driver’s delivery route??

Sorry cant type any more my fingernails are bitten down to the elbow hahaha !!

J

2 Likes

Mine normally come early when I’m at work but if I take a holiday they come late, figure that one out.

If nothing else, your post has reminded me that something of low value and totally no interest to anyone is probably going to be delivered today, and I have no idea who’s delivering it or when.

1 Like

…And the icing on the cake?..….
Doorbell just rang, big DHL van outside, man with package at my front door…
YES he has arrived early!! I open the door with a big smile on my face only to hear the words…
Excuse me sir, I have a package for next door but they are not in, would you mind taking it for them.

Arrrrrrgh !!! Is there no end to my torment

j

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Your sympathy for my plight is so appreciated :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::nerd_face:
J

2 Likes

I’ve had the DHL tracker never get within 2 miles of my house and then received a “Nobody at home.” notification with a picture of someone else’s front door as “evidence”.
That happened twice in about 1 week.
He got fired! #KindOfResult
So, I do feel your pain. :+1:

2 Likes