Digital FPV.....DJI vs HDZero vs Orqa vs Walksnail vs openhd.....?

Its the goggles recording. The onboard is cleaner and a little more detailed. Its very nice on a plane / wing. On a quad it makes me woozy quite quickly. I think its got potential for long range.

Um I updated to bf 4.4 and burned a motor just after take off. Effing bf.
The image quality was absolute crap. But I wont know how it flys for me until I go out again. I’m just fucked from work

I’ll be frank and say that it was a shock coming from a hdzero vrx and hd02 goggles to the hdzero goggles.
It was like flying in butter. Very connected and your more there in the instant. If that makes sense.

I guess its aimed at racers that dont need shiny full hd image quality lol Will be interesting to see if the lower latency makes up for the drop in image quality with regard to freestyle flying. I think it will have its benefits

Gutted man :man_facepalming:t3:

Would love to compare it to DJI back to back and see how similar the feel is

1 Like

If your up for lr, pm me and steve :+1: plan your annual leave :grin:

Lovely :+1:

I’m still getting to grips with mine and only have 1 system in a 7" quad at the moment. Looking forward to popping one in my ZOHD Dart wing - your video gives me confidence it should work well.

The blurry sides that come in and out in focus mode - they freaked me out a bit at first, like it was a sign that things were about to go south very quickly. You seemed to get them early on and seem pretty chilled about it. Nothing to worry about? I treated it a bit like when analogue starts to ‘fuzz out’ and a sign to come home quickly. Any DJI users comment on how this compares to their ‘focus mode’?

I see you had some pretty bad OSD flickering and bits of OSD missing as you were coming in to landing. Do you get much of that? Hopefully something that can be fixed in a FW update. I saw a Bonafidepirate vid this week that said this problem goes away if you turn off air-unit recording - that’s it’s not a transmission issue but something to do with the system writing to its onboard storage?

1 Like

To be fair, I was using a tracker. And circling a solar farm which gives normal dji drones problems. I have to refresh the osd with a switch. Its an inav - walksnail thing :man_shrugging:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Just saw this but not had a chance to watch it yet. Any good?

Looks good. But need to try it…

Just watched it and he says the video feels slow so probably not gonna be great for freestyle compared to the other HDZero modes but should be good for planes and wings :star_struck:

Whats your favourite system as it stands at the moment Karl? What are you using the most?

Hdzero on the quad really cos its so locked in and connected.
At the moment its ws for the slow plane but it depends how the 1080p is and on range

That 1080p30 looks great to me. It’ll be going on my 6" cruiser for sure.

1 Like

Looks pretty good to me too :+1:t2:

It looks good to me too, I’ll be trying it on my 7" to start with.
possibly on the AlbaBird as well :+1:
…when I get the goggles of course :laughing: :laughing:

FYI, as he’s been mentioned in here :astonished:

To do 1080p30 you need a new lens for your camera. Runcan RC5L/E2P, for the Micro Eagle.

I just checked through all my orders and its the one I put on the foxeer mix that I no longer use. So thats one thing checked off…:slight_smile:

1 Like

A 135deg elbowed coupler added 1.7dB at lower power levels, but nothing at high levels.
I suspect that as you said the measurement of HD video signals is not as straightforward as analogue :slightly_frowning_face:

OMG… I had problems getting an RC5L lens… so I actually bought a spare. I have two. See… it makes sense getting spares. I knew it! :slight_smile:

Right so that’s two quads sorted.

BTW, If you watch this video you’ll see that 16:9 Full works a lot better with the RC5L, even without 1080p.

1 Like

Looks like they are on github now