Digital FPV.....DJI vs HDZero vs Orqa vs Walksnail vs openhd.....?

If their emphasis is on racing, as inferred in the link, I expect they’ll be using HDzero, as opposed to a new system, as it’s sort of already established.

Behind the scenes Orqa have been very busy, and I think some of the new stuff they’ll be unveiling will be inspired from the military contract work they’ve been involved with.

1 Like

I am guessing that ‘digital solutions’ refer to add-ons. Like dvr etc.
“Digital ready goggles” doesn’t fill me with hope of a third hd system.

Team DJI FTW! :grin:

2 Likes

Interesting… Orqa FPV 3 new digital systems 5.8G, 5G and 2.4G

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYW_WK6rScW/?utm_medium=copy_link

Looks nice!
1 Fixed latency like hdzero
2 5g for unlimited range, if your in a large 5g network
3 2.4 pro vtx too.

The next few days should be interesting.

I really am only guessing, maybe they are using hdzero but modulating it in 3 different ways. Unless they’ve been very quiet with a new digital protocol

1 Like

This might give Carl nightmares. Could do with a summer of growth without too much competition. That said I can see this opening up more doors as these companies compete against eachother

Yes. That’s what’s needed. I’m resigned to buying new goggles this year with 1080p displays, so I have no problem having a new digital system.

1 Like

I wonder what kind of price range we will be talking about for these vtx’s and the new goggles? Also wonder if like HDZero, Orqa will make an RX module compatible with other manufactures goggles? :thinking:

1 Like

Facebooks on fire with this :rofl:

Have they got any info on the goggles yet?

Not seen anything except 3 holes at the top.
I’m concerned about what fpv cam will be used. I’ve not heard anything about that.

1 Like

Its deffo not dji

What do you think the chances are of them being 1080p Karl? Or is that not possible over current tech?

Its possible if you increase the bandwidth that you use, but that may mean using 2 channels or more. Which would be no good for racing. Unless upscaling is going on.

1 Like

I would love to have 1080p for freestyle flying though, that would be awesome! :ok_hand:t2:

DJI Air unit has on-board 1080p DVR :grin:

Thats true but imagine having a 1080p feed in your goggles :star_struck:

I would like goggles with over 180 degrees fov so you can get peripheral vision. But the tech isn’t there for us yet

1 Like

The goggle tech is there its the camera tech that’s not.

1 Like