Digital FPV.....DJI vs HDZero vs Orqa vs Walksnail vs openhd.....?

To clarify… I’m actually most excited to have HD in tiny whoops… The bigger drones can carry decent cameras and analog (or DJI) VTX already.

Right now the analog video is generally pretty poor in tiny whoops. HDZero looks particularly good with that whoop board! Nick Burns’ test of the new BNF Mobula 7 HDZero looks amazing!

Orqa’s system clearly is not useful in such a small form factor and if doing it all in software I can’t see it being efficient on power either.

2 Likes

Just seen this. Looks like an interesting project

1 Like
2 Likes

Looks good, but the fov needs to be a little bigger in my opinion.

1 Like

I think it’s going to be a box goggle, just got a feeling

Like a Fatshark Scout HD on steroids

A guy said its definitely not a box goggle. 2 separate screens fatshark style

1 Like

That would be cool if its true :heart_eyes:

1 Like

They are sort of looking for beta testers. But I’m not paying for test goggles. Be a few hundred quid I reckon. Around 4-500? Too much if true for test and keep.

1 Like

Yeah the test ones will probably be full of alsorts of bugs and you’ll be left with prototype and everyone else will have nice shiny new polished off goggles. Not the same as testing a camera or vtx

If they do end up carrying all those features listed with bi 1080p oleds they are going to cost a serious wedge of cash :grimacing:

They’ll have to be cheaper than dji. I hope anyway. If they are amazing, and a 1080p cam comes out, it might be time to upgrade :laughing:

I think they will struggle to deliver everything listed for less than DJI but if they can deliver all that for less than DJI HDZero will be King of the Goggle world for sure :crown:

1 Like

After some investigation it turns out that this photo of Karl from the Big Meet thread has been doctored :astonished: I’m waiting to receive the original which I will post back here

Those of you thinking maybe its the tutu that has been airbrushed in would be wrong… its actually the DJI Goggles that have been airbrushed out :astonished: Here’s the original so you can see for your selves. Karl secretly likes to wear them at the weekend

Not heard anymore about those Orqa systems? :thinking:

How are you finding the DJI upgrade you have recently had?

I’m about to start converting my fleet in the coming days - Nazgul should be getting an F7 fc and vista tomorrow :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Only had the one session so far but really liked it :+1:t2:
Here’s some DVR from the first flight

Nice upgrades you will love it mate :+1:t2:

I’m definitely looking to upgrade the camera though, I have the polar but it’s limited to 60fps and as far as I can tell I can’t adjust the camera settings (colour, contrast etc)

I’m still learning what’s best but have the nebula pro vista kit on order.

I’m sure they’ll be lots of questions in the coming days :sunglasses:.

I’ve also read quite a bit of the vista thread