Digital FPV.....DJI vs HDZero vs Orqa vs Walksnail vs openhd.....?

They made/make the damned Neb Pro (the “best” cam for DJI), so strange they can’t just use the same thing with whatever output Walksnail requires?!

1 Like

The dji picture, and the ws, is really nice. I agree that this and its penetration ability outweigh the latency saving on hdzero and I can see why they are dominant.
Its definitely personal. Dji feels ‘slushy’ to me when flying fast, say over grass when low. Not sure if its the processing, or variable latency :man_shrugging:
I do see that hdzero has a very good image closeup to things, and dji / ws is better at far off points as well as close up.

I conclude that hdzero is for drone pilots who fly fast, and dji / ws is for drone operators who hover to ‘look around’.

:door: :running_man: :running_man: :running_man:

:rofl:

Was this on 60fps or 120fps mode Karl? I agree that the 60fps mode feels strange when flying low and things are moving faster but the 120fps mode is pretty damn good for me

lol… @yith wanna swap equipment? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

No idea. It was a dji drone

Right gonna stop fanboi’ing after this last one… All I know is. I’d tried HDZero, was OK… Tried DJI and next day bought the DJI FPV for the goggles… Had the WOW factor.

Although will be getting HDZero too. There are uses for that!

Was the penetration that made my mind up. I was flying HDZero 500mW (before the 1W came out) and it was good but I would get quite a bit of breakup flying infront of myself behind a couple of trees. Tried the DJI system on 700mW and the difference was incredible. I could fly behind myself with trees bushes and metal fences between me and the quad and still have no breakup at all

Yes was that too TBH. I love good penetration me… TBH only found out the other week the vista can do 1200, mines are all on 700! there’s another 20% range can get next year, lol. The world of difference it made at chesterfield bando… though I’m sure be some stronger than 1W HD Zero’s soon.

1 Like

So,… I have to change to WS :man_shrugging:

don’t we all :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Actually it was there… you just can’t see it… it’s converted to lower resolution and higher latency.
You of course don’t notice it. That’s the key.

More importantly what DJI can handle better is multipathing. When the signal gets really, really low or interfered with then HDZero will rainbow screen. DJI (and WS) will drop down to even lower resolution and higher latency as it fights through the interference.

This is the advantage of the two-way link. I do still believe that the 1 way link can perform better than it does with the current HDZero. I’d like to think that a firmware change could help, but it may be we’d have to wait for V2…

1 Like

Or then again I could just try these that I just made…

The goggles are pretty WOW… I’ll give you that. Like being at a cinema. Nice font as well.

Though they didn’t fit well over my glasses. I ended up not being able to see the top of the screen.

1 Like

On a serious, back to non fan boying conversation (and back on topic really)…

Do we think WS has a future? I noted one of the “non” DJI fanboi videos was talking about why Caddx are having a whole month selling it cheap, the o3 seems a long way ahead, and at least a 1/6th of bardwells live stream had already ordered the o3 air unit on the same day during his live stream with blunty.

HDZero is different (and in a lot of ways has some good benefits), so I think the futures good with that (and I do love what Karl has done and supporting the community, I love open source). WS… Why would you pick it over DJI (or HDZero for that matter)…

I do fear for it, and I’m a fan of competition? “Not being DJI” I don’t think will be enough for them.

Thats the point, the black magic trickery allows you to see no breakup. Doesnt really matter how it does it just that it does do it and the end result :+1:t2:

1 Like

That is a toughie… about the only thing would be the size of that little VTX.

With WTFOS and DJI now actually supplying things that the FPV community actually ask for they have even less chance.

They must be really rather worried…

Now these look impressive Richard! Youll have to let up know how you get on with them. Do you know the coverage angle? Im guessing theyre very directional?

Yup… and HDZero has gone down the line of making the breakup more obvious… I’m pretty sure that can be improved in firmware though. Just you won’t be able to get rid of the rainbow.

And HDZero is lighter (though not as powerful?) But when you wanting a 1/2S VTX you’re flying inside, close range…