DJI Care Refresh and the lost and found drone

I have a dilemma.

On Saturday I was taking some before and after shots of my roof while it was getting cleaned.

However on the last rotational shot I was taking the drone literally landed on the top of tallest tree next to our house.

It was too high to both see or recover.

However this morning we found it had finally managed to come down after 2 days during which there was multiple heavy rain showers.

I have since tested it and it appears to be working perfectly however I’m not sure about the long term impact of all the water that potentially got into the drone while it was on its holiday in the tree.

Anyone got any opinion as to whether I should send it to DJI for them to check and repair using up one of the two Care Refresh policy returns?

Either that or I extend the policy for another year and see how it goes.

My worry is that in say 2 years time it will start to have issues with rusting perhaps.

All feedback welcome.

:slight_smile:

Sounds dodgy to me anyway if flying close to house :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry to hear that, but glad you have it back, and that it works. Water damage is not alway immediate, not that I have experienced it with my drones. But with laptops, phones, etc … they can work for a while and then suffer issues later.

Whether you send it back to DJI Care Refresh is down to you and how much risk you want to take. Some may chance it, others may not.

Regardless of whether it’s currently working, I would remove the battery and micro-sd, leave the gimbal guard on, and place in a bag of rice in your airing cupboard for at least 24 hours. As it may still contain moisture - which might cause delayed long term damage.

Probably not that helpful, but my two-pence worth.

2 Likes

That’s what you took it out for.

Send it back, better to be safe than sorry.

4 Likes

Ethanol spray is a good way of drying them out before turning them back on…but id send it back you paid for the policy for exactly this sort of thing really.

1 Like

Send it back for peace of mind, and to be sure that its returned in good condition. Care refresh return will cost £45 - think of it as an added extra cost to the roof cleaning.

1 Like