DJI drone - Rocket Quick Shot

I’ve searched the forum using several different phases, to find an answer to my question.

Question - with Rocket Quick Shot selected, will the drone fly forward towards a selected subject before starting to ascend vertically?

For example -
There’s an interesting rock formation about 200yds in the distance and I want to capture a short clip where I fly closer to the point of interest then transition to a top down vertical view.

Whilst the drone is making its way closer to the subject, would the gimble rotate slowly downwards until it’s at minus 90 degrees, before then flying vertical to my chosen height?

I’ve search google for answers too

Thanks for sharing that, but it’s not clear, if the drone will travel forward before taking off vertically

:+1:t2:

I think it starts where you are.

Why not try it somewhere safe and see what it does ?

As far as I can recall, it always starts from the location where you engage “Rocket”, it then moves backwards/upwards from there. At the end of it, it will return to that location … pending there have been no unforeseen obstables along the way.

1 Like

Will give it a go, once these storms blow over
Thanks for the responses

1 Like

I’ve used rocket a few times.
It simply takes off vertically from the position it is in when you initiate it.
The gimbal tilts down as it goes up to keep the subject in frame.

what DJI Drone? my Air2 has focus lock where you can draw a box around a subject and it will keep that subject in the centre no matter where you fly so you could then just fly towards it and then accend and the camera will keep the subject in focus but I don’t think the Mini2 has focus lock like the Air 2.

I explained it in this post:

I’m flying the Mini2.

The reason I’ve asked this question, is due to GHR on YouTube recommending that particular move and he explained that the mini2 will fly forward before going vertical

Here is a quick and nasty vid of the Rocket quick shot.
I hope this answers your question.