DJI Fly App and Samsung Galaxy A14 Phone compatibility

Hi all, im trying to get up & flying with a used DJI Mini 2 that ive recently bought,but im having some problems that i hope you can help with. Ive tried a new Samsung Galaxy a14 running on android 13 & also an older Galaxy A12 also with android 13 but neither will connect with the RC.
What am i doing wrong?

Hi @teflon Terry. Here is a list of DJI Fly App compatible phones. There maybe more but the A14 isn’t on the list. It does state however Android 6 or higher should be ok? People also ask

What Samsung phones are compatible with DJI Fly app?

DJI Fly Android Device compatibility list

• Samsung Galaxy S21.
  • Samsung Galaxy S20.
  • Samsung Galaxy S10+
  • Samsung Galaxy S10.
  • Samsung Galaxy Note20.
  • Samsung Galaxy Note10+
  • Samsung Galaxy Note9.
  • HUAWEI Mate40 Pro.

More items…

27 Jan 2022

[image]

https://www.heliguy.com › posts

DJI Drone Apps Mobile Phone Compatibility - Heliguy

MORE RESULTS

Is the DJI Fly app available for Samsung Galaxy a13?

The mobile phone needs to support 64-bit apps, otherwise DJI Fly can’t be installed. But as far as I can tell both of your phones have 64bit processors.

1 Like

This is the official list

But many use devices that aren’t on the list and they work fine

@teflon what is the actual problem, is the app opening ok etc

Thanks all, ive now downloaded the DJI go 4 app and i can link the drone to the RC & the RC to the Galaxy A12. I can get an image from the camera but i keep getting a message on the screen telling me that the there’s an error with the gimble calibration ( error code 40011).

The Mini 2 does not use the Go app it uses the DJI Fly app. You won’t find it on the Google App store, you need to download it from DJI.

1 Like

I suspect you have download the Fly app as it connects ok

But your problem is not an app connection issue

Where did you get the drone from :thinking:

Does the gimbal do its dance on power up

1 Like

I bought the drone used and the seller showed me that it was working fine, even let me take it up for a short flight and i could view the image from the phone.
The gimbal moves left, right, up & down when i power up.

Would the gimbal calibration message be because its now getting dark?

No its a faulty Gimbal

Try a gimbal calibration, do an auto one first to see if that helps

If the gimbal isn’t damaged or the recalibration doesn’t work, try this maybe?

For a newby I think using Dronehacks and Dankdronedownloader might be I Little to much :grimacing:

The above is normally only required when a new gimbal has been fitted

Just to be clear, the gimbal does its dance when i power up & i can control the movement from the RC and view the images on my phone screen.

But the problem is you have not been clear :roll_eyes:

Have you flown the drone and if so have you crashed the drone

Either way the problem is with the Gimbal and will probably need replacing

So the RC now connects every time to my mobile ( maybe there was an issue with the phone rather than th RC as it was its first use for quite a while). The app im using is the DJI Fly & thats working perfectly on the mobile.Ive re calibrated the gimble a couple of times, installed a firmware update and re calibrated the compass after a prompt and its working as it should be.
Thanks to all. :+1:

2 Likes

All’s well that ends well! :smile:

May be a button on your drone. Are you using DJI go 4 on your phone or tablet?
Good luck.

I got so sick of incompatibility problems between ‘Fly’ and my Samsung Galaxy A71 that I switched over to using Litchi instead. I’ve been using it now on both Mini 2 and Air 2S for a couple of years now and it can do things that Fly won’t. The main thing it has over Fly for me (apart from working on the A71!) is that I shoot a lot of 360 degree panoramas, but in AEB and stitch with PtGui, it would be possible in Fly but very compliated. When I first had the Mini 2, Fly worked fine for me but after a certain update it used to crash regularly. DJI were no help, just came up with ‘your phone’s not on our list, buy a new one’. When I bought the Mini 2 there was no such thing as a list of compatible phones, just needed Android 6 or above. I suspect there has been some poor programming from DJI. Apart from firmware updates I haven’t used Fly at all, maybe they have sorted out the problems?

Hi, I use an old Samsung S7 for my DJI mini 1, however I do own a Samsung A14 and have downloaded the DJI Fly app, it shows that it can be connected to the mini 2 range and more but I have not tried to connect it as I use a dedicated phone for the Mini 1. I assume you are using the correct cable to connect the phone with the controller and that the cable has no issues with any damage. If the answer is that your cable is correct and no damage then it should work when you select your type of drone you are connecting to, but maybe the technical guys on here can help more. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry I see the guys have already assisted in the problem :upside_down_face:

I bought Litchi after about a week and have used nothing but since. It even run albeit with exceptionally poor video on an original nexus 7.