DJI Fly - App updates and download links

Was V1.4.0 the earliest version to support the Mini 2? If version V1.2.4 is any good to you I can upload the apk to wetransfer for you @nidge

2 Likes

You won’t be able to get in to the app, I’ve not seen a no-SecNeo of DJI Fly in the wild.

But as you’re Android you can update your hosts file and nullify the DJI domains that way?

Assuming you don’t want flight records sync’d, etc.

2 Likes

Now I don’t know if this will work for all but if I keep my tablet permanently tethered to my phone via WiFi it doesn’t update. As soon as I switch to my home WiFi network it does. I’ve tried this three times. This evening being the last. I turned off auto update in the app settings and auto update over WiFi on the tablet and it’s stayed on 1.4.0 sinse Wed evening whereas before it auto updated twice when connected to the home network.

Could it be that the app doesn’t see the connection as a true WiFi signal but as a data signal from my phone? Luckily enough I’ve got unlimited data so it’s not a problem but I thought I’d share anyway.

When I checked the app 30 minutes ago I was prompted to update, I just tapped ‘Not Now’

1 Like

Yes, Phil.

I think that’s pretty much how it does it.

There are a multitude of reasons why I believe DJI have overstepped the mark on this one, the primary one being you are grounded if they screw the APP up, essentially what they’ve done with Huawei devices, which are on their recommended device list. Another, possibly paranoid, concern of mine is there’s nothing to stop them grounding all legacy drones in this way, in the name of new sales and profit. Each day DJI are moving ever more forward to being a Drone leasing company.

2 Likes

I would just like to point out that I have been using 1.4.2 on my Huawei Mediapad M5 tablet with a Mini 2 for over a week now with no issues whatsoever!

I did have the initial video problems but deleting the cache and a fresh install fixed it

I have flown pretty much every night over the last few days and a bonus is media files now upload to Airdata :grinning:

3 Likes

I just found out the same, Wayne. I uninstalled the APP and deleted all the files left behind. Reinstalled the APP and the downlink seems to be working again. However my concerns still stand. DJI should not be permitted to force an update on its customers, especially when they have the worst record in the tech industry for corrupted APPs and Firmware. I’ve seen a number of folk having issues with the Samsung S21, namely the Euro version as it uses a different chipset to the rest of the World.

2 Likes

Tried that, didn’t work. Can you tell me how to clear the cache. After the app uninstall I searched everything DJI and cache related on teh tablet and deleted the lot.

Still got naff transmission signal

Its in the app under Profile, settings, clear cache and then clear everything

Then uninstall, restart and do a fresh download and reinstall

Hope that works, it did for me

1 Like

Oh well, tried that twice and still no joy. Back on 1.4.0 until such time as it’s fixed or I buy an iPad 5th gen :smiley:

Thanks anyway guys

Thanks guys , I’m going to give that a try as apart from keep rolling back the version I’m grounded as we are until they fix it and I’m guessing they won’t be in any hurry to do that

After uninstalling the APP go into your file system and go into the DJI folder. In there you’ll see a subfolder called DJI Go5, delete that directory.

On a side note I installed V1.4.0 on my M5Lite8 yesterday and today it’s still V1.4.0. However when installed on my Huawei P30Lite phone it updates to 1.4.2 within minutes of being installed. Never had this problem with my KK2.1 Boards :wink:

1 Like

I’m still on 1.4.0 on iOS.

I haven ticked the “auto download”

iOS won’t be affected by this auto-update issue Steve :+1:t2:

@Nidge re M5 vs P30, do either handle “metered connections”? I was wondering if thats what was preventing it updating in the background. Don’t forget the hosts file trick to nullify the DJI domains :wink:

2 Likes

Do you need to share this trick PingSpike :hushed:

Well I did a total uninstall of the fly app and deleted all files on the tablet as in everything, emptied the bin and cleared all cache files , went to DJI download centre and download the fly app for Android and set it all up , still no good feed to screen is choppy and just horrible unless I start to record then it’s fine until I stop recording and then it’s choppy and just horrible again , looks like mediapad M5 lite is to be shelved until they fix the app . Before this I had rolled it back to 4.1.0 but as soon as I next turn it on it just updates on it’s own even with auto update turned off . If anyone has any luck or spots a update fix I would appreciate a heads up .

Just a though for everyone having issues with the Huawei Media Pad 5M, manufactures sometimes use different processors and memory depending on demand, price and location. As my device seems to be working fine with the latest Dji update 1.4.2, it got me thinking, could you be running a different set up? As this seems the only logical explanation :face_with_monocle:
Lets see i could be wrong :see_no_evil:

Run this app and lets compare our hardware :grin:

Here are my results

1 Like

Other than the user variables, such as the amount of storage used and the version of HMS I have installed, all the other details are identical.

Also, even though it’s been connected to my network since rolling back the APP, it’s still showing version 1.4.0. and hasn’t self updated to V1.4.2.

Originally I had the issue on both the M5 tablet and on my P30 phone. Other than a few differences in hardware between these two devices my M5 is on Android 9 while my P30 Phone is on Android 10. I wonder if this could possibly be a reason why my M5 isn’t auto-updating.

Mine didn’t auto update to this latest version I had to download it but it has on previous versions

Does yours @Nidge run version 1.4.2 ok?

Give me a few minutes and I’ll check.

1 Like

Ok

I updated via the APP and found out why it wasn’t auto-updating because I had not enable APP downloads from 3rd parties.

Installed the update V1.4.2. and the crap downlink returned. Deleted the APP and all directories, downloaded update from DJI site and installed, again crap downlink.

I’m currently downloading a system update for the M5Lite8 and will see if that makes any difference.

1 Like