DJI Fly - App updates and download links

Well updating the system software, Build 9.1.0.269(C431E5R1P3), made no difference, the downlink was unusable so I’ve reinstalled V1.4.0. and disabled APP downloads from unknown sources until such a time as DJI sort their sh1t out.

To do this on the M5Lite8 go into settings, select “Security and Privacy”, select “Install APPs from external sources, click DJI Fly and switch APP installs to “OFF”

1 Like

Nige can you check if the battery settings are set at performance mode or power saving mode

1 Like

I usually have it set to performance mode (brighter screen in sunlight), but I’ve tried it in both performance and power saving modes with the same results. :disappointed_relieved:

That work great Nidge. Can find the subfolder DJI Go 5 by searching in Files on a M5lite10 for DJI. Also as soon as you have 1.4.0 installed, on the app go to Profile / Settings / About and make sure “Auto Check for Updates” is not selected as it will automatically download 1.4.2 and you are back to square one again.

2 Likes

It’s a strange one where one thing works for some and not others. I disabled all update options in the DJIFly APP but somehow it would still update to the latest version. The only way I could defeat this was to disable the “Download from Unknown Sources” permissions specific to the DJIFly APP in the Phone’s Privacy and Security settings.

Reading through their product forums customer support is still an alien concept to DJI, even after being in business for 17 or so years.

1 Like

Just wondering has anyone had a reply from DJI about the update and what it’s done to the Huawei mediapad m5 lite ? I don’t think I’m alone in raising it with them but as yet I’ve had no response so just wondered if anyone else has had any luck ?

Just the usual DJI Tumbleweeds in my inbox.

1 Like

@scottydog they’ll probably just say that tablet was never on their list of compatible devices to start with :confused:

All Huawei devices supported by DJIFly APP, as of a few days ago when I emailed DJI support.

Huawei

Thanks @Nidge i clearly didn’t scroll that far :blush:

1 Like

Just seen DJI have pushed out 1.4.4 for iOS - ‘Fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality’ according to the ‘What’s New’…

Will be nice if it sorts out the various issues that have been identified (including the white balance discrepancies that I found out about the other day) but my money is on it making make my iPad mini 4 spontaneously combust :joy:

1 Like

What, pink, hairy and under your arse?

Andriod just pushed version v1.4.4 on to my Huawei Mediapad m5 tablet

Quick flight in the back garden with M2, all seems ok

Thanks for the heads-up, Wayne.

I’m just going to transform from my horizontal to vertical position and give it a try myself. Expect profanity if it doesn’t go to plan.

Good Luck :crossed_fingers:

So do we think this fixes the downlink and other issues reported in 1.4.2?

2 Likes

I didnt have any :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Please let us know how it goes

Well the live video issue appears to have been resolved. I haven’t as yet gone through the firmware updates for the batteries or done a test flight.

1 Like

Thank you , fingers crossed I get the same results tomorrow.