DJI Fly Question - Mini & Air 2

Just checking, if I have a Mavic Mini which uses the DJI Fly app and I buy the new Mavic Air 2, I am working on the assumption that I use the very same app for both and it simply detects the aircraft I am using at the time and switches on/off app functionality accordingly?

That’s correct, on all counts

1 Like

Awesome, thanks

My finger is hovering above the ‘buy it now’ button for the new Air 2.

Side question coming, in real layman’s terms what do I have to worry about with the new impending regulations, is there any possibility that I could be buying an expensive brick?

Check out the EASA threads.

At the moment it would seem all is on hold again, so although the A2 does not fit the new criteria (CE marked) it would appear that you’ll still be able to fly it pretty much as you are doing until 2023

I’m no expert on it though, I like direct instruction not the mess this has turned into

Yes Chris, that is correct

1 Like

I’ve stopped paying any attention to it, no point with it changing all the time.

I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing until I’m told otherwise. Wouldn’t put me off buying a new drone.

2 Likes

:joy: :thinking:

I won’t always follow it and probably will question it

But (an it’s a big but) I’m not gonna get hung up on it until it’s in the foreseeable future.

As @callum says it wouldn’t stop me buying a new drone, now back to Pings thread on that piece of orange loveliness :tangerine: :two_hearts:

3 Likes

??

Tropicana

3 Likes
2 Likes

Ah it all makes sense now :slight_smile:

1 Like

has he flown this bloody thing yet!!! I think he just likes buying stuff :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Pulled the trigger, Mavic Air 2 on the way…keeping my Mavic Mini though as I love it but I strongly suspect that the Air 2 will become my default drone and the Mini will go up for sale…time will tell I guess

2 Likes

It’s what I did …

Get the air 2. Better camera, better in wind and build quality compared to the mini is evan better. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi there, if you fly sensibly and keep to the drone rules then you have no problem.

1 Like

And so it happened :slightly_smiling_face:

One new bird for the flock

2 Likes