DJI FPV drone firmware updates

A thread to discuss firmware updates for the DJI FPV drone.

Date: 2021.03.02

Aircraft Firmware: v01.01.0000

Goggles Firmware: v01.01.0000

Remote Controller firmware: v01.01.0000

What’s New?

• Added support for DJI Motion Controller.
  • Added ability to take off or land by pressing lock button on motion controller.
  • Added tutorial videos for motion controller in goggles.
  • Added calibration for motion controller.
  • Added ability to switch goggles to DJI Digital FPV System.
  • Added Turtle mode.
  • Added Coordinated Turn to Sport mode when using remote controller.
  • Added Find My Drone under safety settings in goggles.
  • Added ability to set camera exposure value manually.
  • Optimized flight performance in all flight modes.
  • Improved transmission stability between air unit and ground unit.

Notes:

• Restart the aircraft, remote controller, and goggles after the update is complete.
  • Note that the update may reset various flight parameters such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flightdistance. Before updating, take note of your preferred settings and readjust them after the update.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, goggles, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series), and retry.

1 Like

Date: 2021.06.15

Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0000

Goggles Firmware: v01.02.0000

Remote Controller firmware: v01.02.0000

What’s New?

• Added ability to enable or disable video subtitles under camera settings in goggles.
  • Added ability to trigger Find My Drone by pressing Mode button and Brake button simultaneously on the motion controller.
  • Added flashing auxiliary bottom light when Find My Drone is triggered.
  • Added ability to start or stop motors in Manual mode when customizing C2 switch under control settings in goggles.
  • Added ability to view HDMI live broadcast by connecting the goggles to the DJI Smart Controller (v01.00.07.00 or above required). By connecting the goggles to the DJI Smart Controller u sing USB-C cable, users can see the camera view of the aircraft on the screen of the Smart Controller and can transmit the live view from the Smart Controller to other display devices through an HDMI cable.
  • Optimized hints on goggles for updates, Manual mode limitations, and motion controller critical low battery warnings.
  • Optimized flight safety.
  • Optimized flight experience when using Manual mode.
  • Optimized flight experience when using motion controller.

Notes:

• Restart the aircraft, remote controller, and goggles after the update is complete.
  • Note that the update may reset various flight parameters such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flightdistance. Before updating, take note of your preferred settings and readjust them after the update.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, goggles, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series), and retry.

2 Likes

This is checked and working.
It is also checked with an RF meter the FCC hack still works.

You have to update every battery and the motion controller.

It took about an hour to update the drone, the controller, the motion controller and 6 batteries.

2 Likes

Just been looking through the menus in the goggles and there is now an option to record sound or not.
Hadn’t seen that one before

Longer than you get flying it (like the bastard is meant to be) !!

1 Like

Date: 2021.07.15

Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0000

Goggles Firmware: v01.02.0001

Remote Controller firmware: v01.02.0000

What’s New?

• Fixed rare issue: goggles restarted automatically when in DJI Digital FPV System mode.

Notes:

1 Like

Date: 2021.08.30

Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0020

Goggles Firmware: v01.02.0020

Remote Controller firmware: v01.02.0020

What’s New?

• Optimized flight safety.

Notes:

1 Like

I’ll have to schedule 2 hours of my life to sort this ;o(

1 Like

Or not :grimacing:

1 Like

Because its never connected to the app at least there is no nag box everytime you switch the bastard on

1 Like

After 2 drones were hobbled after activation, the FPV one will never be connected to the phone, it flies just fine for me… :thinking:

2 Likes

Absolutely with you on that one

:clap:t2:

4 Likes

Yesterday DJI released, or rather re-released, a previous firmware, under the guise of a new firmware, that if installed will prevent any hacks from functioning.

Also do not connect your goggles to the DJI Fly APP as this will then prevent the drone from functioning until you do the update.

People using the DJI and Caadx Air Units must follow the same advice otherwise the FCC mods will not work and you will be forever locked on CE power levels.

And here I was, under the delusion that I’d bought my DJI FPV gear, when all along I’m merely leasing it.

1 Like

Some more details here from Ian / madstech / madrc:

:grin:

1 Like

They’re fuckers, aren’t they?

:grimacing: :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

They certainly don’t have the right to dictate how we use their products once purchased, that’s the remit of law enforcement. If I felt so inclined I could mount my Caddx Vista Air Unit on a RC truck, connect the Air unit to the cavity magnetron from my microwave oven, and legally pump out 400Watts of RF on 5.8GHz.

Though, and this is me wearing my foil lined hat, I think this FW is more to do with Geo Zones and the concentrations of Russian troops, especially in Southern Ukraine. I wouldn’t be surprised if similar FW releases appear for other DJI products.

Complete Twats they are, their drones are already locked down to fuck as it is, now they want to lock them down even more, If you pay the sort of money these things cost you at least want to have the freedom of being able to tweak them via software to get them to how you want them to fly, not flying around with a pair of virtual handcuffs around the props, CNUTS they are indeed.

1 Like

I this is a forgone conclusion @Nidge

1 Like

Why? Doesn’t make sense. One of the big pulling points is its penetration at 1200mw.

Odd