Dji FPV Goggles for glasses user

This is what I did when I first bought my Skyzones. Realised that my eyes were not what they used to be and had to fashion some cheap readers into my goggles.

Work perfectly now

1 Like

Lots of good info there, thanks, been looking at Emax tiny hawk2 or 3 rtf , TH3 has ability to record flights with its built in DVR, studying YouTube for reviews also found tinygo 4 rtf . Gotta admit I’m having trouble deciding which goggles would be better for glasses wearers as most of these are designed for those that don’t need glasses.
Dji fpv drone is bit pricey,especially if I don’t like how it handles, getting conflicting reviews of this drone.
I’d like think I could buy a remote and goggles that I can use with beginners drones and then upgrade just the drone and not the whole kit

1 Like

There are 2 types of analogue goggles. Box goggles (eg ev800d) which are suited to short sighted people and the fatshark / skyzone goggles which suit people who need reading glasses.
Either may be modified in some form to suit yourself.
If you’re keen on fpv, its best to meet some guys here to try their setup for free.

2 Likes

I started out with Fat Shark Recon V2, for which I found an old pair of small-framed specs that would just about fit inside. It wasn’t ideal though, as I now wear varifocals.

I just splashed out on some Skyzone Cobra X V2 box goggles and I’m really chuffed with them. I wasn’t quite ready for, or convinced I wanted, the HDO/02X style with dioptres in. They are analogue rather than digital though.

This is exactly what I did, and a sensible route, I think. I now have 4 FPV drones and I’m pretty sure I’ll not have any need for a new transmitter any time soon. Unless I decide to go digital, of course. And I only upgraded the goggles because of the specs issue, and after realising I probably was going to stick with the hobby. :grin:

1 Like