Dji FPV Goggles for glasses user

I’m looking into purchasing dji goggles either for their drone or something else. Is there a way of getting the correct lenses for glasses wearers. I predominantly wear glasses for distance and reading?

1 Like

It all depends on your prescription you can purchase from dji.

Or if they are not suitable there is this option.
https://www.rho-lens.com/

1 Like

Awesome thanks

1 Like

I don’t know about the FPV goggles, but you could wear glasses with the original white Mk 1 goggles, they had space for the arms in the foam surround.

Although not the most comfortable in the world glasses can be worn under the DJIFPV goggles.

However as above the corrective lenses are excellent, I use them on mine

1 Like

I’ve very recently purchased the DJI FPV Drone Combo with the V2 goggles. I also wear glasses with vari-focal lenses, they also correct for a very slight astigmatism.

Without my glasses the image in the goggles is less than sharp, especially the bottom left hand corner which is due to the astigmatism. I would say that my glasses have average size lenses and I can fit the goggles over them if I exercise some care. This produces a very sharp image. However, if you decide to replace the foam on the goggles for something larger this may prevent you from fitting your glasses into the goggles.

Why DJI didn’t provide the ability to focus each screen, in what is a pricey high end goggle escapes me. My Skyzone Sky04X analog goggles provide individual eye focusing through a range of +6 to -6 diopters, and I can compensate for my slight astigmatism with careful adjustment of the IPD settings.

2 Likes

Aftermarket face foam and a fat strap are pretty much a must buy for the DJI goggles to make remotely comfortable in my opinion. I don’t wear glasses myself but I can imagine it to be a royal pain in the ass to wear them under the goggles so the inserts sound like they would be my preferred option if I did wear glasses.

2 Likes

Would I be able to operate for example your sky zones with a dji fpv?
How do I determine which lens I require for the v2 goggles. Would my reading glasses prescription be sufficient. I’d prefer not to wear my glasses under the goggles

I have the same goggles fpv combo. I also own the white version goggles. I need to wear plus one glasses to read comfortably but found I needed plus 3 for the white version goggles for perfect clarity. I thought I would need similar for using the V2 goggle. Wrong. I do not need any corrective lens with them, a great blessing. I would buy and try first, you may be surprised…

1 Like

Not directly I’m afraid. The cheapest way would be to use an App called Digiview. You connect the DJI goggles to a compatible Android device running Digiview. You then take the video from the Android device using a USB to HDMI Bridge and connect to the HDMI port of the Sky04X’s.

I wouldn’t t recommend flying with this setup due to the lack of OSD info and the increased latency, but it’s useful for taking a passenger along for the flight.

1 Like

Hi @Nidge have you been able to get the status bar always displayed? On mine it disappears after a few seconds. On my 02’s it was always there :man_shrugging:t3:

Easy quick way is go to the pound shop and get some +1 and +2 see how they help.

Try reading your phone screen at around 3 inches from your eyes, it’s similar to what you see through the goggles :wink:

(My prescription is distance and I use the +2 DJI correctors and they are almost spot on)

1 Like

@Dren check out ebay for “dji focus fixers” - I bought some of these for the original white goggles back in the day.

Due to being long sighted in one eye and short sighted in the other eye (:ireland:) I had to contact the seller to ask if he’d mix n match the lenses, which he was quite happy to do.

But yes, whatever you do, be sure to use your reading glasses prescription.

2 Likes

What a good idea, cheers buddy

1 Like

So as a blind bat I wear Varifocal glasses so what part of the prescription would I need? The near part of the far part. I have struggled to understand for years as I would love to use Goggles as opposed to a tablet.
Thank you

Note to self…… read full thread before replying Doh!:nerd_face:

1 Like

Which goggles would be best in the long run for operating fpv, just buy the Dji type or fatshark. I would like something that’s. Ideally suited to my prescription but also compatible with all or mist drones from beginners, cinewhoop ,freestyles?.
Same goes for remotes?
Any suggestions would be very helpful

These would suit, you can get lenses to match your prescription glasses. One guy I know bought a cheap set of plastic reading glasses and cut the lenses to suit. :+1:

1 Like

If you don’t intend to fly the DJI system then any goggle other than the DJI goggle will suit. If you want to fly the Fatshark/HDZero system then you will need a goggle that has HDMI input and preferably a screen resolution of 720p or greater.

If you have never flown FPV before I wouldn’t recommend rushing out to get the biggest and best on offer. Not everyone is suited to FPV. I’ve known a few who tried it and gave up shortly afterward for various reasons, for example they couldn’t overcome the induced motion sickness many experience.

In my case I started with the Fatshark Attitude V1 Goggle back in 2012. I used this on and off for four years until 2016 when I upgraded to some Flysight Goggles with better screens and built in full featured diversity receivers. These were my daily driver until about four months ago when I purchased the Skyzone 04X goggle. This goggle is in the same category as the flagship Fatshark HDO2 and the Orca goggle, meaning the highest spec analog goggle money can buy. The only reason have the DJI Goggle, which for the record I consider to be vastly inferior to the 04X/HDO2/Orca goggles, is because I very recently had the opportunity to buy the FPV Drone Combo at a heavily discounted price. If not for buying this bundle I wouldn’t have bothered with the DJI goggle, and especially so after comparing the HD image quality with that of my Skyzone 04X goggle.

Yes, you can add an option to the DJI goggle that will allow you to fly analog and digital, but I don’t consider this to be a feature but rather a compromise, and not a good compromise.

In most circumstances I would suggest investing in a cheap all in one package as a first step into FPV. However, @Steviegeek has posted details of his 02X goggles above, which even with newer models available is a great goggle, and if you find you’re only going to be an occasional FPV flyer, or that FPV is not for you, there would be little to no financial loss to you.

1 Like

No, Steve, I don’t know of a way to keep the status bar active. To be honest it’s not something I’m too concerned about.

If I forget to turn the DVR off the goggle will automatically and cleanly close the file out when powered down.

The goggle will also audibly alert you if the battery voltage is low long before it dies. It will also audibly alert you if you’re about to lose video sync.

Other than that I have little use for the status bar, and a single press of any of the buttons/rollers will bring it up again.

1 Like