DJI FPV Race/Freestyle quad

Hey - that’s cheating! Thought you were flying with them closed!

I would mate.

You pretty much need to forget everything you’ve learned with DJI stuff.

Crashing over and over is pretty much guaranteed.

At 90mph in a beginners hands shouldn’t think this would be hard lol :joy:

Does it switch between kinda “Mavic Mode” and full manual?

I tried normal mode for a couple of minutes before it went into sport mode.
It is very Mavic in normal mode. sport mode it is, erm, just a lot faster. It banks and turns faster. (I had a recorded top speed of 66 mph with the small amount of wind there was behind me, cant access the flight logs don’t know how to do it as I cant find them yet) when you put it into manual mode, you have to alter more settings in the goggles to allow/free things up.
It will also not go into full accro mode unless you allow it in the settings.
Not been there yet and not intending to for a while.

So answer your question no, its a Mavic mode (N), a Mavic mode with a rocket up its arse, (S) then a kid of free mode then full free mode. So a big learning curve for me before I go there

this is taking ages

3 Likes

But it can be switched between modes in flight (like my old Phantom 2) so that you can be with enough height to try full manual, and then flick it back to Mavic mode when things start to go a little bit awry. :+1:

Get yourself a Speed Freak badge while you can!

3 Likes

Yes, the motion controller, or whatever its called, (fighter plane control stick lol) will go normal and sports at the moment, its a possible later firmware upgrade for the full manual, so a good time to practice practice.

I cant find the flight logs I’m still looking, not sure if you have to connect the drone to the assistant actually I haven’t got a clue…lol

So - as I predicted a Looooong time ago, this is aimed at the Mavic to FPV conversion market. :+1:

It was the only way I “train” to get my P2 to fly fully manual all the time … try at height and switch to Panic mode when needed.

2 Likes

What buttons have you got on the motion controller and what do they do? Do you twist your wrist to yaw, tilt to roll etc?

They’re available through DJI Assistant 2.

1 Like

ok here is a low res video.

youtube are taking ages to process, I might just put them on my NAS and give a download link but here is the first one

8 Likes

I was camped on your YT channel, may have been your first viewer :rofl:

2 Likes

It won’t be long before you’re doing flips …

4 Likes

Showing as HD. :+1:

1 Like

Looks awesome, super responsive :+1:

1 Like

That’s crying for full manual

2 Likes

Screaming! :wink:

1 Like

Yes mate, this is only sports mode Im sure when i get good enough I’ll be having a dabble but today was just a blast around sussing the controller out.

1 Like